Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
:)
11,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is this on the lip of my rim? I thought it was brake dust, but it's like permanently there. It wasn't there before.

And why is my paint fading? How do I fix this??

·
Registered
902 Posts
well i dont know whats on the rims but my paint is fading to, and i keep my car detailed 24/7. Its just an old age thing i think. It sucks :(

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Try a metal cleaner like mothers rim polish or never dull. I don't know what it is but it looks like it can be cleaned off. As far as the paint, it looks like the clear coat has taken a dump. Was the car ever repainted? Sometimes the paint they use to repair a car after an accident isn't of high a quality as OEM.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Your clear coat is baking off, even if you wet sanded and buffed it. It would not help you out, you need to have the car re-painted.. Thats just the breaks.. sorry

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
the stuff on the wheel is just from brake dust sitting on it too long or maybe just some corrosion that will come off with some metal polish just like wnts 2 rn said. The paint can be fixed but it requires removing the entire clear coat then re clearing, so might as well save for a paint job.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
That is clear coat failure im afraid Jakashh. Nothing but a respray of thoese body panels will fix that.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Man that sucks man as said before its clear coat failure. That happens when your paint is exposed to the elements and it has no protection or a very weak one. As for your wheels are the polished lips clear coated?

·
Registered
39 Posts
ok not sure if it will work for sure... but i had some of the brake dust on my rims on my f150 before i painted them i had to get that off, so i put pepsi on it and it ate away at the dust and did nothing to the rim. just put pepsi on them and let it sit, than polish it and shine em... its worth a try did nothing to my rims but its up to u

·
:)
11,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I got EBC to send me another free pair of red stuff brake pads. The yellow stuff I got for free from Discount Tire Direct, when they were giving a pair away to whoever writes a story and posts it in that thread.

Me and one other guy were the only ones who saw that thread, so 50/50 chance of me winning, and it tipped my way.

So that's 2 sets of brake pads for free! I'll never pay for brake pads again!

(for the record, EBC, if you are reading this and thinking i'm scamming you, your brake pads did **** up my rims) The yellow stuff are nice, but i would stay away from them unless I were to take my car on more track days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts