Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I though this would help members out since the detailing section of MM doesn't have a video library. I like these videos they are good and show how accomplish several tasks properly and safely without causing damage to your mustang. I know Paul uses 3M products, but the videos are a reference for proper technique; really any quality brand product will be suffice. Maybe if the mods like it enough it might become a sticky.

1. How to properly wash your car using the Two Bucket Method with Grit Guard inserts.

2. How to properly clean and your wheels and tires along with adding protection.

And this video is from our own MM member Zat

3. How to properly clean and condition your leather.

4. How to properly clay your car.

5. How to properly paint correct using a Dual Action Polisher aka DA (PC, Griots, Meguiars, Flex)

6. How to properly apply a carnauba wax or a sealant to your car.

7. How to properly Snow-foam a car. Similar technique is done with a foam-gun that attaches directly to your water hose.

8. How to properly Quick Detail a car. Similar technique is done with Quick Waxes.

9. How to properly use a Rinseless Car Wash Solution. (Optimum No Rinse, Chemical Guys Hose Free, DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss)
(fast forward to 3:35 see how to wash properly to skip Mike's marketing for Autogeek.net)

10 . How to properly detail your Engine Bay.

A link to a nice thread put together by Mothers
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/general-car-care-detailing/200267-mothers-how-video-series-essentials-car-care.html

11. How to properly Clean and Polish out hard water spotting etching off Glass.

12. How to properly Restore yellowed or hazed Headlights

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
SWEET, nice information!

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
I am going to have this made a sticky if I can get the others to agree to it.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to have this made a sticky if I can get the others to agree to it.
Thanks James I am hoping it will become one, because one of other threads didn't make it and I thought it was a good one:)

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
PM me a link to the threads that you think are WORTHY of being stickies. I will turn them all in to one General Info thread and have direct links to them if need be. I don't want too many stickies at top.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome James I will do that and I happy that it made it:) I wonder now if anyone is going to notice it on top since it didn't get to many hits yet.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Always hard to say with stickies. However, if someone asks, we can direct them to the right place. You know this Detailing forum is not very busy. :lol Mainly just a few of us nutcases.

Just wait until you see the Accord I am starting tomorrow. Has not been washed in over two years.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
True we'll do that man. The good thing is this thread wont get lost among the others in a few weeks:) And your right its is just a few of us OCD'ers.:llamahaha. I will be waiting to see what you got in store for us, being that it hasn't been washed in two years I could only imagine how it looks.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
I hope I can get it done in one day!

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Amazing post Danny. This will help a lot of people.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Amazing post Danny. This will help a lot of people.
Thanks Justin I am hoping it will. I edited it to add in your wheel/tire and wheels wells video in. To show members how to clean and protect their wheels and tires and wheel wells;)

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Updated my video list. Check out the new video on how detail your engine bay. I really like this video because its exactly how I clean mine so I though it would be a great addition. And he uses 303 Protectant just as I do.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Continuation of the video library. Had to add these here since my original post is closed and I cant edit it.

11. How to properly Clean and Polish out hard water spotting etching off Glass.

12. How to properly Restore yellowed or hazed Headlights

·
Registered
86 Posts
Great videos!

I plan on getting that Porter Cable grinder soon to detail my Black 2010 GT soon. How should those microfiber towels be cleaned after detailing?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great videos!

I plan on getting that Porter Cable grinder soon to detail my Black 2010 GT soon. How should those microfiber towels be cleaned after detailing?
Thats good man the PC is a great DA polisher. Wash your microfiber towels with Tide Free its safe for Microfiber towels in warm water and dry them on low to medium heat without any dryer sheet or softeners they will ruin the microfiber towels. Then store your clean towels in a plastic container or plastic bags.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
More videos these are from Gloss it... Use this as a guide dont get caught up in the marketing, unless you want to try their products. The Gloss it products are good, but tend to be on the pricey side. Their are many other quality products on the market that work better and cost less just some food for thought.

I know he states wool wash mitts are not safe, that is only true if you dont not care for them properly. If wash the wool mitt after each car wash like your suppose to in the sink with dawn and letting it air dry then they are perfectly safe and effective.

How to properly wash your car using the Two Bucket Method with Grit Guard inserts.

How to properly Dry your vehicle using the Blotting Technique & Using the Metro Blaster or Leafblower shown by Adam from Adams Polishes.

How to properly clean and your wheels and tires along with adding protection

·
I'm, Ron Burgundy?
6,908 Posts
:lmao at the swirls at 3:50 on the 2nd gloss it video after he talks about keeping a perfect finish

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:lmao at the swirls at 3:50 on the 2nd gloss it video after he talks about keeping a perfect finish
Its because he still hadn't started on the correction work yet this was upon delivery so washing was the first stage and he was just making this video to use on their site. I do agree he should have used a vehicle that was corrected for the making of the video.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts