Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Torchin tires...
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone :) Ive been a member here for a little while now, and have been browsing the detailing section for some time now. I recently purchased my 4th mustang, and REALLY care about keeping this one pristine. Ive been washing and waxing my cars by hand for ever, and really want to get into machine waxing for obvious reasons.

The paint on my new car is very nice. I washed it a few times before storing it this year and it has very few blemishes. No swirling or anything like that, so the previous owner obviously cared about the car.

What im looking to do is gather materials needed to detail and keep it protected from the elements. I do not have a garage so the best i have is a waterproof car cover, which gets the job done pretty well considering.

The buffers ive been looking at are:

Meguiar's Professional Dual Action Polisher : Amazon.com : Automotive

And:

Amazon.com: Porter-Cable 7424XP 6-Inch Variable-Speed Polisher: Home Improvement

They both seem to have great reviews.

Now what really confuses me is which pads to get and which products to get, and which products to use on those pads lol :crazy

Im not looking to cut very much into the paint, because in my eyes it looks very good. I have a beater winter truck that i will be practicing on before i take it to the mustang.

If you guys have anything budget friendly to get me started it would be greatly appreciated! I look forward to getting into the detailing world more and more. I know sonic is going to pipe in here, so thank you in advance sir!

·
Registered
323 Posts
also look into the griots garage DA polsiher, it has a lifetime warranty!

https://detailersdomain.com/Griots-Garage-6-inch-Random-Orbital-Polisher-Base-Kit_p_683.html

He also sells the flex and meg's polisher. use MUSTANG for 10% discount.

If you aren't looking to cut, just get some polishing, medium polishing and finishing pads. In the kit above, you can choose your pads.

I know the griots garage 3rd gen will be hitting shelves soon, so you can def get a 2nd gen cheap. you just missed one for $75 from autogeek.net. Check out these sites for their sales as they will be having Christmas sales as well.....

autoality
detailersdomain
autogeek
detailedimage

I'm still learning as well, so hopefully someone like SON1C, Vader or moddedmach will give you some more direction

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
+111 on the Griots DA Polisher. I just did some research on this using this site and I picked up the Griot's Garage polisher and Uber pads. I will be doing a full restore with Meguiar's M105, M205, Black Fire Wet Diamond Gloss Enhancer, Black Fire Wet Diamond Sealant, and then I am going to pick up some DoDo Juice wax for the final polish.

There are definitely some other people on here who have done it and I am sure they will have more to say.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
+ another on the groits DA I would get that and maybe the megs da paint correction system since it sounds like your car is in pretty good shape. Then a sealent and a nuba and you should be good for now

Sent from my SGH-T759 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
+111 on the Griots DA Polisher. I just did some research on this using this site and I picked up the Griot's Garage polisher and Uber pads. I will be doing a full restore with Meguiar's M105, M205, Black Fire Wet Diamond Gloss Enhancer, Black Fire Wet Diamond Sealant, and then I am going to pick up some DoDo Juice wax for the final polish.

There are definitely some other people on here who have done it and I am sure they will have more to say.
dude.. behind my back? if you want a hand just lemme know when its going down if you want a hand, hell you could bring it over and we could put 3 polishers to work haha
awesome product choices as well.

·
Torchin tires...
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also look into the griots garage DA polsiher, it has a lifetime warranty!

https://detailersdomain.com/Griots-Garage-6-inch-Random-Orbital-Polisher-Base-Kit_p_683.html

He also sells the flex and meg's polisher. use MUSTANG for 10% discount.

If you aren't looking to cut, just get some polishing, medium polishing and finishing pads. In the kit above, you can choose your pads.

I know the griots garage 3rd gen will be hitting shelves soon, so you can def get a 2nd gen cheap. you just missed one for $75 from autogeek.net. Check out these sites for their sales as they will be having Christmas sales as well.....

autoality
detailersdomain
autogeek
detailedimage

I'm still learning as well, so hopefully someone like SON1C, Vader or moddedmach will give you some more direction
Awesome! Ill definitely look into this, thank you!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
dude.. behind my back? if you want a hand just lemme know when its going down if you want a hand, hell you could bring it over and we could put 3 polishers to work haha
awesome product choices as well.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! I need you Son1c. Let me know if you are detailing anything this winter. I can bring my ride over with all my equipment/product and detail too...just let me know when I am doing it wrong.

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Hello everyone :) Ive been a member here for a little while now, and have been browsing the detailing section for some time now. I recently purchased my 4th mustang, and REALLY care about keeping this one pristine. Ive been washing and waxing my cars by hand for ever, and really want to get into machine waxing for obvious reasons.

The paint on my new car is very nice. I washed it a few times before storing it this year and it has very few blemishes. No swirling or anything like that, so the previous owner obviously cared about the car.

What im looking to do is gather materials needed to detail and keep it protected from the elements. I do not have a garage so the best i have is a waterproof car cover, which gets the job done pretty well considering.

The buffers ive been looking at are:

Meguiar's Professional Dual Action Polisher : Amazon.com : Automotive

And:

Amazon.com: Porter-Cable 7424XP 6-Inch Variable-Speed Polisher: Home Improvement

They both seem to have great reviews.

Now what really confuses me is which pads to get and which products to get, and which products to use on those pads lol :crazy

Im not looking to cut very much into the paint, because in my eyes it looks very good. I have a beater winter truck that i will be practicing on before i take it to the mustang.

If you guys have anything budget friendly to get me started it would be greatly appreciated! I look forward to getting into the detailing world more and more. I know sonic is going to pipe in here, so thank you in advance sir!
lol ;)

I would go with the gg, no questions asked, if you get it from detailers domain, ask them if they can switch out your backing plate for a 5", they might just get you taken care of ;)

just keep it simple
m105
m205
cyan hydro pads x3 tangerine hydro pads x3 1x crimson pad
minimum you need
now add the wax of your choice, personally I'd recommend orange crush for your vehicle

I think you'd be surprised at the defects in the paint if you put it under a 500w+ worklight
unless the previous owner was a detailer.. or had it professionally detailed.. and even then..

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
+ another on the groits DA I would get that and maybe the megs da paint correction system since it sounds like your car is in pretty good shape. Then a sealent and a nuba and you should be good for now

Sent from my SGH-T759 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
yeah thats a good suggestion, if it is in good shape the megs mf system could be a good option

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! I need you Son1c. Let me know if you are detailing anything this winter. I can bring my ride over with all my equipment/product and detail too...just let me know when I am doing it wrong.
lol just lemme know and we should be able to get it figured out, in the mean time watch some of mike phillips da machine polishing videos, and then watch them again to soak it in :lol

·
Torchin tires...
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
its a good kit, we also get 10% off with code MUSTANG
if you join detailing bliss you get a one time code for 15% off
Awesome! :hug

Ive used this before, it beads water very well. Maybe use this as a final product? the orange crush is 70$ gasp!

Have you heard good things about it?

Also forgot something so simple as a soap to use? I dont have a foam method, and cant afford a 200$ power washer. Is there a cheaper foam sprayer that maybe attached to a hose?

·
Registered
3,015 Posts

Ive used this before, it beads water very well. Maybe use this as a final product? the orange crush is 70$ gasp!

Also forgot something so simple as a soap to use? I dont have a foam method, and cant afford a 200$ power washer. Is there a cheaper foam sprayer that maybe attached to a hose?
foam gun attaches to hose
foam cannon is for pressure washer

As far as the wax goes, ive never heard of it, but the dodo is definitely worth it. Plus it smells AMAZING.

·
Banned
8,398 Posts

dodo juice is expensive, but realize you're getting an incredible wax and its good for 50some+ applications so its like a dollar an application that can last you 2-3 months
I've never been a fan of collinite waxes, especially 915, however its very liked, and very durable, its something I'd use on my wheels, not my entire vehicle
can i come too? :naughty:
of course :gayfight2:

·
Torchin tires...
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just keep it simple
m105
m205
cyan hydro pads x3 tangerine hydro pads x3 1x crimson pad
minimum you need
now add the wax of your choice, personally I'd recommend orange crush for your vehicle

So for the m105= cyan pad, m205= tangerine pad, and wax= crimson?

You use 3 pads for each on the entire car? Im thinking one pad per product for an entire car detail. Can they be washed also? Or is it one time use only

1 - 20 of 23 Posts