Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just picked up a set of weld prostars with Mickey Thompson 325 et street radials (thought a little bit of an overkill but looks so badass) now I'm wondering what to get for a rearend I want it almost bulletproof I was thing Detroit locker try trac and some moser 31 splines ? I make 400 hp and plan on launching at 3500-4000 Rpms ne help I'll appreciate it thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
i have a torsen and love it! check those out too...

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I like the Torsen, but the best deal for the money is the Yukon 31 spline locker. $275, and it's built similar to the Eaton. My buddy runs an Eaton in his 900rwhp fox without a problem.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
People are using FRPP diffs in 800rwhp Cobras and Eatons in 1200rwhp X275 cars. With 400rwhp, you're going to be OK whichever way you go.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I am using the frpp cobra 31 spline diff with plenty of power beyond 400. It hooks well with slicks, dr's, or street tires. You can use it on the twisties also.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm idk might go with the frpp just because of the price of it I'm not planning for much more hp I just want to get it all to the ground now

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
i run the true track and it locks up easy. and when i say lock up it locks up. it works great at the track, no re-building it, repacing clutches and it spins 2 tires when it needs to.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
i had about 375whp on my '95, with the cobra 31spline diff and yukon axles and dumped the clutch at 5k all the time on slicks. never gave me any issues. my buddy made 421whp last summer with the same diff and moser axles, with 28" slicks dumping at 5500rpm and didn't have any problems. if you're staying at your current power level i'd say the cobra diff is just fine for you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I could not imagine a Detroit locker in a mustang. I had them front and rear in my bronco and could not stand them on the street. They eat tires like nothing. Loved them off-road though. Stick with an Auburn or Tru-track for the street.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts