Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
wow...that is a good price...i would love it...let me see if i can get the money...is the with shipping too...

it says any 8.8 with 31's and gears so im guessing the new stang are good...

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah the new stangs have the 8.8 also

Does not include shipping. I can weigh it and get an estimate for ya if your serious about buying.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here are the pics i have of mine, these were taken with my phone so bare with me.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
make sure that a newb to mustangs knows that they need to upgrade axles from 28 to 31 spline if using this :)

good luck with the sale.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
it says any 8.8 with 31's and gears so im guessing the new stang are good...
Yes, New Stangs are 8.8, and factory are 31 spline... All other stangs were 28s unfortunally.

·
Registered
599 Posts
i had this diff in my 97 after my re-build. its an awesome piece to have guys, and 325 is a steal of a price. if i had a use id glady take it off your hands. someone should pick this up ASAP

·
KCCO
14,878 Posts
Yes, New Stangs are 8.8, and factory are 31 spline... All other stangs were 28s unfortunally.

you do know the s197 mustangs also come with 28 spline axles as their stockers. whoever busy this diff, and it is one hell of a deal, will have to get some 31 spline axles no matter what mustang you have.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
you do know the s197 mustangs also come with 28 spline axles as their stockers. whoever busy this diff, and it is one hell of a deal, will have to get some 31 spline axles no matter what mustang you have.
Im pretty sure you are mistaken. the S197 have 31 spline from the factory according to the FRPP catalog, the Ford Mustang Brochure, and From the local Mustang shop...

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Read this : I Win! :D

I quote: Are your stock 28's just not cutting it any more? Dump those wimpy little chopsticks for a pair of Forged Steel Moser Engineering 31 Spline Mustang Axles.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Well according to the specs on the Stangs, the sixer comes only with the 7.5" open diff, while the GT is the 8.8" T-Lok, which according to the AM website, is a 28 spline deal. Always possible there is some erroneous info somewhere, however, I guess.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
i believe they are 31 spline in the new ponies too

1 - 20 of 23 Posts