Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have suggestions. obviously its a rotary. i have good experience with it. use it every day. but i only use a the meguiars 7" pads from advance auto parts. (company pays for them)..any ways. i always use the wool pads and the three foam (course, med. and fine) or however you wanna put it.

ive always used megiars 105 and 205 because its what the company provides ( suggested by me) lol.

anyways . im looking to get pointed in a good direction for new products. im looking for good deals on pads, a few different compounds, and leather care products. Chemical guys has such a wide variety of every type of product i dont know the differnce unless i just start trying them

i just bought an 07 gt thats in nice shape, but needs a good correction while its in the garage for the winter. i think a good da polisher would be nice..since its less risky than the rotary.

im looking to start an order off with":

buckets x2
grit guards x2
-good MF wash mitt
-good soap for striping wax and washing before claying
-and a good soap for a quick wash and dry. like a wash n wax. ive used meguair's stuff. ( ultimate wash and wax )

sorry this is such a scattered thread guys. i may go back and organize it better later.

also what are everyones feelings on those chamois cloths for drying? ([email protected]!)

i know california car duster is a NO NO haha. but what about those

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Good list of stuff ya got there.

A griots garage DA is what I have and I love it. A lot of people around here do.

m105/205 are great. How bad is the paint right now? You might not need m105/205. You could use Carpro Fixer and CG's v38. I don't recommend using Fixer in the cold as it hasn't worked for me very well in the cold BUT apparently in normal weather removing it is a breeze. I tried using it in 40~ degree weather and removing it is like trying to pull paint off.

I like CG's Honeydew soap for your normal washes. It makes the car look amazing and smells soooooo freakin good.

Dawn soap will strip lsp's for you. Or citrus based soaps from CG can strip lsp's with the right dilution ratio. I know Vader likes Ultima but idk if they will strip. Probably if you dilute it correctly it can.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
the 6.5" Lake Country hybrid pads would work well for you
i like my CarPro wool mitt, Chemical guys Citrus wash n gloss or Citrus wash at 1oz a gallon would be a good stripping wash. Duragloss 901 is a really good shampoo for everyday use only need 1oz per 3gallon
Chamois NEVER..get some good quality MF towels for drying

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
forget the Cali Duster its poop. you can get the Zymol one the wool duster and its safe but its 36bucks. i have one or you can go to bed bath and beyond and get one for 9.99 have one of them as well and its same damn thing. Just without the name.
Buckets go to home depot or lowes and get 2 for $2.50 each grit guards ehhh if you dont have them not a big big worry I have them in my buckets and I still find it hard to believe they do anything to stop dirt from coming up. Fixer is an excellent compund and so easy to work with and almost zero dusting. since your car is black i would say some menzerna 85rd is what your going to wanna finish down with. I would use a 6.5" Hydrotech Crimson pad on that

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awsome. thanks for all the great info and lists guy!!. the paint isnt that bad. you can just tell its been through some auto brush car washes that F*** the paint up. just minor swirls and blemishes from being wiped down with **** mf towels/ dirty ones.

just needs a good polishing. not necesarily corrected. couple scrates coulld be wet sanded and buffed out but im not too worried about them. i just want the chrystal clear show room finish

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also...the chrome on my wheels is pretty scuffed...like someone used a sand filled rag to polish them..any way to fix that?

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
To me thats an over-priced order from CG...
I was thinking the exact same thing. That's a lot of money for what he's getting there. 2 buckets without grit guards = 5 dollars. Get a couple cheap one for what? 8-10 each? You are 25 in rather than 50.

If it's not bad just buy fixer and a finishing polish. Just don't expect to use Fixer in the cold. From what you are saying Fixer should do exactly what you want and it finishes amazing.

You could blacklight your wheels but that won't fix your problem it might just cover it up for a few weeks or so.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can used 15w40 oil buckets from work..just have to power wash them out really good

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
look here at my recent thread for a lot of your info

griots garage DA is pretty well liked here.

the buckets Son1c mentioned are over priced when compared to your standard bucket. i personally like the buckets. its nice, they come with your strippable wash and a wash mitt. they are very heavy duty with a lid thats not going to break when my fat ass sit on it.

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
They also aren't over priced when you look at you're getting a $10 gg $10 soap - favorite soap , $5 wash mitt which is so my favorite wash mitt and super durable and soft, so three items that I think are awesome and you also get a gg with is critical imo, I love my Bucket and I'm going to pickup another one next time I order through cg

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
They also aren't over priced when you look at you're getting a $10 gg $10 soap - favorite soap , $5 wash mitt which is so my favorite wash mitt and super durable and soft, so three items that I think are awesome and you also get a gg with is critical imo, I love my Bucket and I'm going to pickup another one next time I order through cg
10 dollar gg? They are 6 something on CG's site. . . You'd save 5 dollars if you bought a bucket from lowes and everything else from CG basically. If you want a bucket with a threaded lid then that 5 dollars might be worth it for ya. Also soap on CG's site is overpriced ;) get a DC member ship and you will save yourself a lot more lol.

Needless to say you are spending an extra 10 bucks if you buy 2 of those kits for the threaded lids. Like I said some people would be more than willing to pay that if you need a nice lid for your bucket. I went to lowe's because I don't see any reason for a lid. You could probably sit on it just fine but I can buy another 2 dollar bucket from lowes and turn it upside down if I was going to use a bucket for that lol.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
quotes would be helpful here. idk if i must re-hash me approval of the bucket or explain that lesser buckets can be had for cheaper.

i like my buckets but everyone enjoys a different cup of tea.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts