Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Livin' the Good Life
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the V6 section, it was known my stang had a ridiculous detonation issue. So, I began to tear down my engine. I figured, my Stang was gifted to me from my bro and since it's down anyways, I might as well take advantage of my problem.

Thus, I'm deciding to build it slow and steady. It's gonna sit for a while so its no rush, neither do I really plan on spending all at once.

One thing that I'm happy that I already have on it is an 8.8 rear end, which was a steal! Nonetheless, here's my teardown and build up thread.

Definite Plans:
Cam
Windstar Upper
Exhaust

When I got her:

After reviving her:

Teardown Progress:

·
Livin' the Good Life
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Skipped out on the Cam, but cleaned up lower intake. Then threw on the Windstar Upper, deleted the EGR, painted front calipers, switched to Drilled/Slotted Rotors in the front. So far...

·
Livin' the Good Life
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it'll sound good once its all on.

Thanks wicked. I should have got the cam but I couldn't bear my car being in pieces.lol

I also moved the spoiler back an inch.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Ehh i have a.cammed 6er...its nice but fkr what power i make and gas milage....rather have a gt lol....dont get mewrong i like the sound but its like...eh mabey not if i had to do it again

·
Livin' the Good Life
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ehh i have a.cammed 6er...its nice but fkr what power i make and gas milage....rather have a gt lol....dont get mewrong i like the sound but its like...eh mabey not if i had to do it again
Might sound good to me too... but my neighbors would really hate the noise.
They seem to put notes on my car with every noise that came out of it.lol

·
Livin' the Good Life
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Engine will be coming to my place really soon. In the meantime, I tore down again. Got my driver's side cylinder head off, started cleaning it. Thinking of building up the spare engine I'm gonna have. How things are looking now...

·
Livin' the Good Life
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Picked up motor and tranny today.

Now, I'm on the tear down phase. I want to build it before I drop it in. Question is, what exactly should I do to it? Also, should I build the tranny as well? I don't really need it though. Maybe a good backup just in case. Throw me some ideas with motor though.

·
Livin' the Good Life
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After thoroughly checking out the motor, it's in pretty good condition, so my plan is to build up the old one and mate it with the transmission I just got. That'll be project bullet-proof!

·
Livin' the Good Life
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
*UPDATE*
Ditched third motor idea and now have it sitting on an old wheel.

But, I've replaced my head gaskets and got my heads back on.

Will be complete really soon. I know this motor like the back of my hand so it's a piece of cake.

·
Livin' the Good Life
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's coming along. Passenger side pretty much complete. Headers bolted up, push rods, rocker arms, valve covers, lower intake manifold, and ac condenser.

Now, onto the driver side.. Oh yeah, radiator is back in as well.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Man you have a clean car!

I was so tempted when I was tearing my car down to cam it so I did. But like someone said earlier, for the power increase on a N/A motor and the decrease in gas mileage its kinda just meh, it sounds good tho. Now if you decided to go turbo, my cam woke my car up with that turbo on there... only lasted about 30 miles, then boom.

Clean car man

·
Livin' the Good Life
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Man you have a clean car!

I was so tempted when I was tearing my car down to cam it so I did. But like someone said earlier, for the power increase on a N/A motor and the decrease in gas mileage its kinda just meh, it sounds good tho. Now if you decided to go turbo, my cam woke my car up with that turbo on there... only lasted about 30 miles, then boom.

Clean car man
Thanks man!
The cam was extremely tempting. But, I just had to pass on it. Maybe if I get a foxbody 5.0... I'd definitely cam that!

But, on the bright side, more progress today.

I can't wait to fire it up soon and clean her up!

1 - 20 of 105 Posts