Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 gt with a few bolt on's an just put a diablosport predator on it an when i crank it cold it misses then stumbles on take off an straightins up at a bit warmer temperature. Anyone know whats goin on? or how to fix?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
How many miles are on it? Bet its just getting tired and when it heats up the piston swell a tad and like wise the cylinder restoring compreshion...

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
just install the tune? it may take a little bit for car to get used to it. the prameters have changed and will change few characteristics of the car.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
My car does it after it sits for a while. Started after I put the LTs on. I just let it warm up a little bit and its fine

·
June 2010 ROTM
1,913 Posts
Diablo has their own forum. I"d go there and post up.

Honestly, I'm not aware of a car having to "get used to the new tune" Its just a computer. It should work fine after a tune install, imho.

Have you put the stock tune back in and see if anything changes? I'd do that first.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
computers have to learn when things change, it has to adjust parameters to suit driving style. lots of vehicles will drive different if parameters change like if tune is changed or battery unplugged for a while, etc.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Computers have a KAM (keep alive memory). This learns and remembers things like the idle, as well as your driving style, for shift points and shift firmness.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
computers have to learn when things change, it has to adjust parameters to suit driving style. lots of vehicles will drive different if parameters change like if tune is changed or battery unplugged for a while, etc.
+1

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
+2

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Now that I think of it after my car sat for a month it did the same...it studdered like a retard when it first started but soon straightened up

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys, the car has set a while but i drove it for about 2 days then out the tuner on it..my truck does the crazy stuff for a few hours when the programmers took off or put back on.. maybe its just the computer adjusting

1 - 11 of 11 Posts