Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Diablo in the mail for my 06 GT.

I've been looking and a lot of sites kept saying they support the C&L model Cold Air Intakes, and some don't even mention the C&L, and then on another site I saw that the C&L had been crossed off the list of what the tuner supported by itself.

Did they stop supporting C&L tunes at some point or something and don't come with them from the factory/only able to get a C&L tune from a custom tune now?

Just curious, thanks.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think you need the specific [email protected] diablo instead of say u7140 it will be cl7140 or something like that.
I also believe if you have an older version file upgrade they are still on there.
check out diablo's forums for your car I believe I read somewhere that the tune labelled "85 maf" works for the street intake not sure about the racer?:confused:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I'm looking around right now, the model I have is the correct 05-06 GT/V6 Tuner, U7140

Someone else just told me that what he did was told C&L about the same thing with him, and they e-mailed him a tune for his C&L Street Intake for free.

When you say older version, you meant the firmware right? So the old firmware had canned tunes for the C&L, but the newer firmware revision got rid of them?

I'm gonna go check about the 85maf tune you just mentioned, I haven't seen anything about that working with the C&L street intake.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
You may want to also get an email tune from either bamachips or brooksspeed. Both companies support the diablo. You will find a lot of info about bamachips, but not much about brooksspeed. I have both companies tunes and I am satisfied with both.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I'm seeing it looks like C&L told Diablosport to remove the original tunes for their intakes from any newer firmware revisions. Guess the info I saw about being able to use the C&L was talking about the older revisions.

Everyone says that the latest revision 9r03 is a big improvement power wise over the older firmware that still had the C&L Tune, so it's lose/lose I guess for me.

Last chance before ordering an email tune I guess is going to be seeing if that guy was right and see if C&L will send me a tune through the e-mail for my diablo tuner, although I doubt it, he probably just got lucky in his case.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gragra: Yea, I was already looking at Bamachips, think it was 75.00 for a tune.

It's just at this point, it's hard for me to justify spending 75.00 for just an intake. I'm probably just going to keep the car stock till I get the procharger on, along with the longtubes and getting it dyno tuned all at once. It just would've been nice to have a little fun till then with the intake/tune.

Oh well. **** happens I guess.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Just get a 93 race tune from bamachips. It is $50 and will get you more power than any canned tune from C&L.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Gragra: Yea, I was already looking at Bamachips, think it was 75.00 for a tune.

It's just at this point, it's hard for me to justify spending 75.00 for just an intake. I'm probably just going to keep the car stock till I get the procharger on, along with the longtubes and getting it dyno tuned all at once. It just would've been nice to have a little fun till then with the intake/tune.

Oh well. **** happens I guess.
If you order from Bamachips, he gives you free tuning support for any other mod you do to the car for as long as you own it. The only catch is, that doesn't apply to forced induction or nitrous.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Only problem with going for a 93 race tune, is that I can't get 93 here. 91 is the best you can get around here.

Does he have the same 50 dollar offer, but for 91?

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
i gotta question.. if i got a tune from bama/brenspeed/vmp.. then i got gears i have to pay another 50$ right..?

damn red you fcker... too quick..
;)

Only problem with going for a 93 race tune, is that I can't get 93 here. 91 is the best you can get around here.

Does he have the same 50 dollar offer, but for 91?
Absolutely, he can do race tunes for 91 and 93 octane.

I have the 93 race tune in mine and it is a completely different car.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Guess I'll just go with that, thanks redfire, appreciate it.

Tried to rep ya right now, but says I've gotta spread it around.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
06Black5spdGT, look into VMP Tuning. Justin used to work for SCT but left to start his own company. VMP Tuning is one of the handful of tuners that SCT religiously recommends to their customers. Justin will also work with you if you need something changed for free. All you have to do is datalog and send him the requested file and he'll make the changes if need be. However, most of the time you're not going to need to even bother since it'll be pretty much spot on.

VMP Tuning - Buy Ford SCT & GM Custom Handheld Flash Tuners Performance Economy Towing: Custom Tuned SCT X3 Flash Tuner for Ford Vehicle from VMP

Here's my car when all I had was just a mail order 93 octane performance tune from VMP and the C&L Racer cai.

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp322/NastyStang113/2008 Mustang/289rwhp306rwtq-1.jpg

This is when I added Steeda UDPs, CMCVs, and a Pypes offroad x pipe. Also comparing the power difference from running E85 with a tune and 93 octane. E85 is cheap race gas!

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp322/NastyStang113/2008 Mustang/93vsE85.jpg?t=1258095576

PS: I was just curious, do you know why C&L asked them to remove it? That's interesting.

i gotta question.. if i got a tune from bama/brenspeed/vmp.. then i got gears i have to pay another 50$ right..?
Nope, all you have to do is make the necessary change with your handheld programmer. No need to buy a new tune.

·
Registered
535 Posts
C&L has a Preditor with their own tunes in it. That's probably why they had their cai's dropped from the regular Preditor.

·
"Spectre" Veteran
492 Posts
I read about the newer tunes on the Predators having deleted the C&L tunes, as well. Search around and you can find the prior tunes on other forums...can't remember which one, though. If you can't find it, you can PM me and I'll send my file...I'm still on the canned tune for the C&L, so I had to have it. I will agree, however, that you would be best served in getting the custom tune.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the offer dragrace4fun, but I ordered a custom tune around 4 pm earlier today from Bamachips, so now I'm just waiting for that tune to come.

·
"Spectre" Veteran
492 Posts
Well, if anyone needs the U7140 8r38 tune (containing the last C&L Racer intake tune), send a PM and I'll get it to you when I get the message!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts