Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MachFanatic
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently installed the DiabloSport 93 octane tune on my 03 Mach 1. The only performance upgrades I have is a ram air intake a mac h pipe and magnaflow catback. My question is, I have the interface kit and would like to get more power. Would it be worth my time with the little upgrades I have to get a custom tune. Also where should I get the tune, what would it cost me and how would I install it. Thanks for looking. Any help is appreciated.

·
IG: opiesvt
8,782 Posts
I went straight to a custom tune on my 08 GT so I'm not sure how different they are from pre-loaded ones. All I know is it turned my car into a ****ing animal.
As far as places you can get the tune from, I'd recommend checking the site you got it from..they might offer some kind of in-house tuning. OR, if you bought it used, you could try independent tuners like Lund. I hear he's the man when it comes to tuning. There's lots of choices tho.

Uploading the tune is really simple.. You just plug it into the OBD2 port under the steering wheel, save your stock tune, and load the custom tune.

If I were you, I'd get maybe one more piece to the puzzle before getting a custom tune. When I went from a stock car with only a cold air intake to when I installed some MAC longtube headers, it felt completely different..it seemed to really open it up pretty well.

I'm trying to think what other mods I did to work with the tune.. If you really wana see a good increase in throttle response, go with some 4.10 gears and hold on tight :yes

Sent from the phone :|

·
8,782 Posts
I just did a quick Google search for "Diablo Sport Custom Tunes" and it brought up a **** load of good results. I'd start there if I were you. Check out the forums on what other people say about Diablo Sport tunes so you can get the best one.

·
MachFanatic
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah I have 4.10s sitting in my garage they just need to be installed. :rockon I will do a google search but other than headers how do you feel about a larger throttle body.

·
8,782 Posts
If you aren't running any kind of forced induction, it's a waste of money.

Spend your money on other things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts