Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i just bought the diablosport predator tuner thats compatible for 99 v6 and when i plug it up to my car and try to tune it, it keeps saying this tool is not licensed for use with my car or something. but when i used it for my friends 04 GT it worked fine, but for some reason mines not working. anybody got any help for me?

·
Registered
2 Posts
If the predator is saying that it is not licensed for use with your vehicle, that means that it is still locked to your friends 04 gt. You will need to restore his vehicle back to stock prior to installing the tune on your vehicle.

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
If the predator is saying that it is not licensed for use with your vehicle, that means that it is still locked to your friends 04 gt. You will need to restore his vehicle back to stock prior to installing the tune on your vehicle.
+1

most tuners will only tune one car. you will need to put any other vehicle you use it on back to stock before using it on another

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
yep, well it is smart on the companies part or one guy could buy a tuner, and tune all of his friends cars and then they would lose money. And I just want to mention this also, I do not know on predator, but Sct there tuners can only be locked to so many cars. Like you can only tune so many different cars before you have to do this big ordeal to get the tuner unlocked. Meaning that I would not keep tuning then unlocking and tuning again, or your tuner may be locked and you will have to call diablosport.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts