Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I am looking to possibly pick up Diablosport's Predator U7140 tuner for my '06 GT and was looking for some feedback from people who have used the Diablosport tuner on their Mustang. My Mustang is fairly stock with just a K&N drop in air filter and a Moroso axle back 3" stainless exhaust. Can anyone give me any pros and cons of this tuner as well as the best prices you have found and any other thoughts you have on this. I know that the SCT SF3 tuner is popular with our cars but the Diablosport Predator is quite a bit cheaper and I am not planning on doing any crazy upgrades so I am just looking for the basic tunes so it seems like the Diablosport should be fine. Thanks for any information you guys can give me, I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
I've used both and at your level they both do about the same thing. If you are ever going to get any e-mail tuning I would find out what brand your tuner is going use. But if you are interested I use only my SCT because that is what my local speed shop uses. If you are interested in my Diablo Predator, let me know and then we can find out if we can use it on your car. For some reason I seem to remember that 05-06 used one model, and 07+ used another. But I'll have to check into that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for the reply 07 Boss, I really appreciate all the info you gave me. Like you said the Diablosport does have one model (U7140) for the 05-06 and another for the 07 and once the tuner is used I believe it needs to be "unlocked" from the manufacturer, atleast the SCT does from what I have heard, but thanks for the offer though!

·
Registered
829 Posts
I use a CL7140 which is just a C&L Intake Bundled with a Predator Programmer. Basically a U7140 pre tuned with C&L Tunes. I've since modded beyond those stocker tunes. I got tune for Life from Bama and there Diablo Email tunes are tried true and tested if you are looking for basic bolt on tunes.

As stated above its more so what platform your local tuners are using for when or if you start making big power requiring dyno tuning. I know Diablo Tuners are still pretty popular with SRT-4 guys so if you unable to find a tuner with the Diablo Ford license maybe poke around a few of those dodge tuner guys to see if they have the license.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Thanks a lot for the reply 07 Boss, I really appreciate all the info you gave me. Like you said the Diablosport does have one model (U7140) for the 05-06 and another for the 07 and once the tuner is used I believe it needs to be "unlocked" from the manufacturer, atleast the SCT does from what I have heard, but thanks for the offer though!
I think mine is the U7141, but it is unlocked. You should double check with diablo and see if it is compatible because I would unload it pretty cheap. I think it is a language issue but I may be wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts