Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So maybe I was expecting more out of my car, but I had a tune in the car before, and I messed with the fuel a tad, i forget how, but basically I figured I might have been messing with fire so I returned to stock and re-tuned to the canned tune, and it feels like it has less kick than it did after I played with the fuel. Any guesses or am I crazy? I know I didn't change anything too extreme before

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just changed the fuel to be -.5 between 2&4K and -1.5 between 4&7K towards rich on diablosport's scale....It pulls a lot better, it seemed to be starving up top but now it pulls fast and strong all the way through. I figured diablosport had it running a little more lean for economy sake, but am I wrong assuming that? Am I gunna ruin the car like this? Should I advance or retard the spark in the tune to match the added fuel?

·
Registered
260 Posts
So maybe I was expecting more out of my car, but I had a tune in the car before, and I messed with the fuel a tad, i forget how, but basically I figured I might have been messing with fire so I returned to stock and re-tuned to the canned tune, and it feels like it has less kick than it did after I played with the fuel. Any guesses or am I crazy? I know I didn't change anything too extreme before
Same thing happened to me man! I just installed diablo sport and the car is torqueless :S the tires won´t even spin, I´m about to just put the stock tune and leave it like that :S did you manage to find a good fix for this man ?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Wow sounds like those are terrible: ingot a sct tuner and with just the 91 oct tune I feel a huge difference and I even have a 93 oct tune still on it but we don't have 93 gas out here I definatly felt a nice pick up over 3000 rpm with the 91 over stock and this is just the canned tune. If I could get a custome tune somehow I'd be ever faster. I would try and advance some timing slowly and keep checking for detonation as see if it feels and faster as it goes. Did the same thing on mine and it actually felt sluggish when I put the timing all the way up it fell on its face over 2500 rpm and I'm not going to mess with the air fuel mixture without a wideband attached.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Some of those things on there one shouldnt mess with unless one knows exactly what it does and what they are doing. I had no issues with my diablo when i had it but i only messed with the basics like octane tuning , shift pressure WOT shift pressure things of thatsort and nothing more. what all did you adjust on there and do you know exactly whatever you changed up does. Its a great tuning tool and i think it can be a dangerous tuning tool if some of the wrong things gets adjusted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts