Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just washed the car yesterday and i felt like taking some pictures. so i drove around for an hour or 2, looking for a good spot. just when im about to quit looking for a good spot, i finally found a great one. so enjoy! :D

this was taken with cannon SLR rebel

·
Premium Member
12,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you want, you can photoshop one of these to make it look like its been done like a professional! reps will be given! :D

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
08, free advice and it may even help others too.

A good majority of these are questionable as to what the focal point is (at least the first few are), the car or the back ground. You have a huge amount of negative space in them and because of that the car comes off as small, and secondly not the important part of the picture. Being on a car forum, and you being proud (even mentioning- your car is clean), I'd tighten up the composition and get in closer to the car.

Black on an overcast day are two things that don't mix very well. You can do it, but it takes alot more effort for anything of great quality. I'll take a shot and some chop work tonite and post it up..

·
Premium Member
12,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
08, free advice and it may even help others too.

A good majority of these are questionable as to what the focal point is (at least the first few are), the car or the back ground. You have a huge amount of negative space in them and because of that the car comes off as small, and secondly not the important part of the picture. Being on a car forum, and you being proud (even mentioning- your car is clean), I'd tighten up the composition and get in closer to the car.

Black on an overcast day are two things that don't mix very well. You can do it, but it takes alot more effort for anything of great quality. I'll take a shot and some chop work tonite and post it up..
some good advice, thanks! i know im not exactly a professional photographer haha i just thought itll look awesome with the car at a corner of the picture and show the road. also i was hoping there'll be a nice sunrise by the time i find a spot but it stayed foggy. the sun just came out now... maybe ill go back and snap some more pics! haha

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
I agree, great advice Erin, now i just need to get a decent camera. My sony cyber-shot kinda sucks.

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
I've seen some really impressive point and shoot shots in my time..

08, I wasn't necessarily pointing out that particular shot, and your right that a play of that type will look cool with the right composition. The best ones like that, are in wide open space, tight crop to the car and the road running off into the distance. Try it, and see what sort of results you yield.

·
2009 ROTY
5,646 Posts
some great advice from emay! don't think i could add anymore. i would definetly get in tighter on the sweet ride. it looks a little lost in most the pics due to huge amounts of empty space. i know emay pointed that out, but just echoin' it. ;) :)

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:rockon

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nice car!

A good looking car for sure..

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Hey wtf? Why didn't you invite me out for this mini-sesh?? I'm no professional either but I coulda done more with that camera... :shiftyeyes

Where'd you take the pics at?

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Your car is ugly.

:D

Very nice ride man. Very nice. Wanna trade?

·
Premium Member
12,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey wtf? Why didn't you invite me out for this mini-sesh?? I'm no professional either but I coulda done more with that camera... :shiftyeyes

Where'd you take the pics at?
haha i had nothing to do this morning and saw my camera and figured, why not? maybe next time!

Your car is ugly.

:D

Very nice ride man. Very nice. Wanna trade?
:no thanks though haha

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
This was only playing for 5 seconds. I can actually do something good later if you like.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
haha i had nothing to do this morning and saw my camera and figured, why not? maybe next time!
If I ever get around to fully affixing my chin spoiler to the bumper, some weekend here we should totally do a shoot.

We'll make sure to take some pics that show off your car's full sexiness! :D

I'm in need of some new pics anyway. I think I'm going to take the wheels off this weekend and paint the rotor hats and clean the wheel wells. :shiftyeyes

·
Premium Member
12,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
looks good mp! it wont let me rep you, probably because i already repped you in mmcc haha

If I ever get around to fully affixing my chin spoiler to the bumper, some weekend here we should totally do a shoot.

We'll make sure to take some pics that show off your car's full sexiness! :D

I'm in need of some new pics anyway. I think I'm going to take the wheels off this weekend and paint the rotor hats and clean the wheel wells. :shiftyeyes
fasho man, all of this was in saratoga btw

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Well, going through the pics most of them are a tad out of focus or soft. None of them are really tack sharp. Did what I could without the original file - I took the best composed of the head on shots and netted this:

After

Before

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sweet ride man!

Hey Emay, how'd you do that before/after pic?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.