Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have an 02 mustang. It had the mach stereo in the car with 6 cd changer, the 2 bigger speakers on decklid with amps below I believe and door tweeters such. Not the mach 1000 I know because I did not have a sub in the back.

A little while ago I got a pioneer avhp1400dvd and installed it. The guy at the local audio store just gave me what appeared to be a generic connector that plugged into my connector from my old CD player. I installed it as stated in the instructions. I have been thinking about upgrading my speakers but am not sure I am getting most out of current system. My question is does Ford wire the amps for the rear speakers into the harness that just plugs into the connector on the CD deck? If so i would assume I may have done the install right. I don't have access to my car right now because it is in storage but I want to make sure I did it correct.

Thanks. If I did not and anyone can point me in a how to article direction I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Basically does ford run the amp wiring for the 2 amps under the rear speakers in their harness? if so on my cd player they have an amp wire, was I supposed to use that?

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
There should be 2 harnesses, One for the main power and mid/high speakers, and the other for the amps for the 5x7s fron and rear. Both amps feed off of the smaller harness.

A Metra 70-5511 should work it, IIRC.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks, I will have to look and see when I get a chance. Is that harness you listed how to convert the harness from my current stereo to run off the amps and stuff?

Also there should be 2 connectors on the old cd player then right? Or not? That way I can look to see if I missed something.

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Yeah, that harness is the one to connect the new radio to the car. And you should have two plugs.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I will look on back of my radio tonight. Like I said car is in storage but I have old radio at home. Does it matter that my car is an 02?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts