Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i bought an 88 gt vertible with those dumbass greg weld prolites on them and the last week has uncovered dozens of problems. the tops ripped several places weatherstripping missing everywhere windows are all shaky neither 1/4 window works at all motors stripped out and window gear is stiff as hell. differential is leaking rust hole under driver seat and in the rear wheel well. drain plug is leaking noticed some oil has started to go missing. my clutch is a pain in the ass. think the pilot bearing will be shot soon squeaking noise when clutch engaged goes away as soon as i touch petal. dashboard electronics dont work except for the brake light always being on. o yeah the rear rims are too wide and are scraping a rear suspension part dont know what it is comes from in front of bumper to top of the axle. oh yeah and theres a ticking noise coming from the motor after i ran it a little hard today bc getting full tank of gas tommoro, oh yeah its getting terrible gas mileage i think because of the o2 sensors unplugged.. which is great, brakes feel warped on the front and out of brake fluid.. and 120k miles 2500$.. did i get raped or what?

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
lol, and you just over looked all these issues eh?

btw, try the "ENTER" button. would make it less likely that I stab myself in the eyes with a ice pick.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
nah man cheap cars always have problems. Yea it seems like there is alot but what car for chesap doesnt have problems. Low miles, low price, few problems. Make it work, make it bad ass.

·
902 Posts
haha, i sure hope you didnt buy this without looking at it, and if you looked at it before you bought it and just realized all these problems theres a problem and it isnt the car...

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Why didnt you test drive it ?

·
Registered
659 Posts
wow stories like this make me happy with what I paid for my car. The weather stripping and stuff you shouldve seen and the rest a test drive would've shown signs of other things. Before I bought my car i test drove it asked about all the oils and when they were changed and I scanned the whole underbody. Looks like you got raped but 99% of it was ur fault. Reminds me of a little skank haha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it was the first car i ever bought and i didnt know what to look for with every part of the car i guess my dad didnt either but oh well not much i can do about it except do donuts in that guys yard

·
Registered
191 Posts
it was the first car i ever bought and i didnt know what to look for with every part of the car i guess my dad didnt either but oh well not much i can do about it except do donuts in that guys yard
thats the best thing to do at this point except do them in your own yard unless he put a gun to your head to buy it because most of the things wrong is common sense stuff

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
And you'll get a destruction of property ticket/fine. It's not his fault that you were incompetent, not to be rude or anything. But you really can't pass the buck back on him.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i agree the diff prob just needs a gasket, weather stripping wont be hard to replace, tighten your drain plug alittle, your light problem could just be a fuse or a grounded or shorted out wire, some sheet metal and rivets for the floor and a new set of rims off craiglist thats like more than half of your issues right there

1 - 20 of 45 Posts