Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a 94 GT convertible and it was originally an auto. We converted it to a 5 speed a couple months ago and he has been having a problem with the car dieing. I went with him today and it died every time he downshifted from 3rd to 2nd. I'm stumped...any ideas?

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
You mena like slowing down for a stop and just down to 2nd to pass someone in town (why would you down shift in town anyway lol)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, when he's slowing down to stop/turn whatever.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
I had the same thing happen on my 98 when i did the swap. ill try to find out what i did and report back. I never did change the computer in it tho

·
Resident Headbanger
2,425 Posts
My buddy has a 94 GT convertible and it was originally an auto. We converted it to a 5 speed a couple months ago and he has been having a problem with the car dieing. I went with him today and it died every time he downshifted from 3rd to 2nd. I'm stumped...any ideas?
He'll either need to change to a manual computer or buy a Moates Quarterhorse and disable the shift points in his auto computer.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He changed to a manual computer. It was doing this before he changed the computer and since he changed it.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, we'll try that. It was just weird that it only happened from 3rd to 2nd. I'll keep ya posted.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He said they are both about 6 month old. I'll still clean them, but what else could it be?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cleaned the MAF and IAC. Still dieing randomly while slowing down. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We replaced every vacuum line on the car a few weeks ago...we thought that might have been the problem. It was doing the same thing before and after we replaced them. So, it's still doing it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts