Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
He left out the maf...injectors...shipping for those parts...taxes etc...

Those all add up...

IMHO I would just buy a complete kit...

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
I would recommend buying injectors new or from someone you know...Same with the MAF...What about a fuel pump? MY supercharger set-up came with a fuel pump and tune...

And he also forgot all the little pieces that you need that are often overlooked...

Spacers...Bolts...PCV System...ETC

The small things add up...

Also what about installation instructions?

Vortech has them on their site but that is also using their pieces which will differ from what you get...

V1's are older...V2's are the newer version...

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
42# injectors and 90mm Lightning MAF
eBay Motors: Lightning Mass Air Meter 90mm MAF 42lb 42 Injectors (item 220135091010 end time Mar-24-08 21:34:10 PDT)
fuel pump
still looking for it lol only find ones that go up to a 98
JFYI those are 36# Delphi Injectors in the picture...

I prefer to buy parts like that from people I know...

For a 99-04 you can run

SVT Focus Pump
Aviator Pump
GT Pump (some modifications needed)

The GT Pump is the best out of them all...

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JFYI those are 36# Delphi Injectors in the picture...

I prefer to buy parts like that from people I know...

For a 99-04 you can run

SVT Focus Pump
Aviator Pump
GT Pump (some modifications needed)

The GT Pump is the best out of them all...
not trying to dispute you but how can you tell just by looking at them???

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
o ok so you wouldnt try and go for the kit i would get? should i go with the mph kit that 3900? prolly 4500 after i do the diy intercooler. and the v2 s trim will support up tp 680 hp on a built motor or how much can i get off that sc? wanna run 10's .....

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
o ok so you wouldnt try and go for the kit i would get? should i go with the mph kit that 3900? prolly 4500 after i do the diy intercooler
Nah you don't have to do that...I did that but only because I know MPH and am a big fan of their work...

Theres actually a decent kit for sale on here...

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/sale/56247-vortech-v2sq-4-sale-brand-new.html

Tuner Kit From Vortech - $ 4027.95 + Shipping
Tuner Kit From Banned - $ 2650 Shipped

Personally what i would do was go through this thread...

For Sale/WTB - MPH Forums

I have seen COMPLETE set-ups go for under $2500...

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
o ok so you wouldnt try and go for the kit i would get? should i go with the mph kit that 3900? prolly 4500 after i do the diy intercooler. and the v2 s trim will support up tp 680 hp on a built motor or how much can i get off that sc? wanna run 10's .....
I have seen people get mid to high 500's out of an S/SQ-Trim...Thats the most I have ever seen...

For bigger numbers you need a T-Trim or bigger...A Novi 2000...Or a Procharger D1SC...

I have a T-Trim and love it...

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Me personally I would not try and piece a kit together...

If you want to go that route more power to ya...But I am just telling you that you better have some patiences...

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
can you use the mph kit and just upgrade to a novi 2000
MPH has a Novi Kit...They have a Vortech Kit as Well...The Novi kit will not interchange...

If you go with Vortech then you should either buy a S-Trim and Upgrade...Or buy a T-trim...You can upgrade through all the trims with the same vortech brackets...So thats one of the big reasons I love Vortech...

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
You can start with an S-Trim and upgrade whenever you want for like $800 I think...

That will get you to a T-Trim...Then if you get tired of the T-trim you can trade up...

So on and so forth...

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
you dont need a MAF necessarily and if you scroll down they do talk about injectors and MAFs
How so?

The stock MAF pegs quickly...

You could get a MAF Ex-Tender but thats just a bandaid...

1 - 20 of 74 Posts