Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out yesterday that when I had the engine replaced they put a 5.4 in it instead of a 4.6. I have a 98 mustang gt. Just wondering what the differnce is.

·
Registered
75 Posts
That funny:shitbrick they didn't put a 5.4 in. and they would know the difference. Do you see this on your car. no,than,NO

·
Registered
923 Posts
Yeah I seriously doubt they accidentally dropped a 5.4 in there... lol

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Just to give you an idea of size here is mine when it was a N/A 5.4 2V w/ adapter plates to run the mustang intake, i also had to notch the hood on the underside just for the JLT because its so tight.Its Wider and Taller then a 4.6

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im not sure what they put in. The valvue covers have 5.4 on it. A 4.6 intake manifold which is what I am trying to replace will not fit on the engine.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
that would be badass but i dont see them doing that. If so, they just did you a big favor. LOL.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Im not sure what they put in. The valvue covers have 5.4 on it. A 4.6 intake manifold which is what I am trying to replace will not fit on the engine.
could they have put on PI's from a 5.4?

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Dude, we really need some pics if you expect us to believe some one just "accidentally" went to all the trouble to swap your 4.6 to a 5.4 for no extra cost.

We are all about to call BULLSh** on this thread.

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
maybe you got a PI 4.6 intake manifold any your 98 motor is non-pi ???

1 - 20 of 123 Posts