Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So whats the biggest difference between diff brands of headers??? like BBK, or Hooker, or MAC? I've always thought Hooker where the best from what ive heard, read/old guys stories, or are they just old fashioned now? because ive never read a thread where someone suggests hookers for any application, just BBK and MAC. Just curious. Dont want to start any fights lol. And as a side note, i know the diff between LT and shorty headers.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Fitment is a big issue. I dont know specifics but some work well with muliple midpipes while other dont. Some cheaper ones skimp of design and take the easy way out.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Fittment is the #1 issue. I broke the bolts on my stock headers and needed the car so I threw on some cheap eBay shorties a buddy had laying around. Let's just say they don't fit very well. You get what you pay for

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
fitment is the #1, but along with fitment comes with how the headers are constructed, and the routing of the exhaust. the way the tubes are bending or turning is going to effect the fitment of the headers.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
HOOKERS ARE MULTI PIECE SORRY FOR CAPS

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
So from a strictly performance aspect, hookers usually best?-
Not necessarily. It depends on the size of the collector and primary tubes really.

A custom header/exhaust system will always yield the most power, though.

Hookers are awesome.. That's why they cost money quality is great and they fit nicely. Took quite some time to do BBK long tubes in my car.... Like 4 hours :shiftyeyes

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
How they are constructed, what materials, header flange thickness, and one piece or multi piece flange - all things to consider when choosing headers. Cheap headers WILL get you cheap results, but that doesn't mean you have to buy the most expensive. Buy the best headers that your budget can afford.

·
Smokin' Hot Blonde
774 Posts
You also want to think about your set up. What you need and whats just over kill for what you have. And what is your the time/money into install. If I was going to spend the money on Hookers, I'd go custom at that point. I think you'd get better results for a similar price point from the right place.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
You also want to think about your set up. What you need and whats just over kill for what you have. And what is your the time/money into install. If I was going to spend the money on Hookers, I'd go custom at that point. I think you'd get better results for a similar price point from the right place.
Yeah, same here.

Hookers are TONS of cash compared to my 75 dollar BBK's, lol. Custom set is about 600-800 near me, so I would do that.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
The reason most go with bbk or mac is because they also sell midpipes and they fit up to most any catback system. Hooker is not like that. They have an old fashioned 3 bolt collector and youll need adapters to hook up exhaust youll also need to have custom fabbed. Ive used kooks and for the money, Im getting custom ones done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts