Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have diablo 93 tune now how much differance with a race tune from bama or brenspeed.is it worth the money and trouble.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
i have diablo 93 tune now how much differance with a race tune from bama or brenspeed.is it worth the money and trouble.
I had the power package from frpp. It came with their 91 octane tune. Brenspeed's tune gained me 7hp all up top the gains start at about 5500. If you go to my garage you can see the dyno sheet. Not trying to talk you out of brenspeed they are great guys and im happy with the tune. that was on top of a 91 tune from frpp that is suppose to be no good according to many people. so i dont know what you would get going from one 93 tune to another. Will they email it to you for your diablo becuase i know brenspeed uses the xcal. but if they will email the tune to you for 75 bucks i guess its worth a try. There might be other benefits such as pedal response and so forth. Are you using a canned 93 tune from the diablo?

My car deffinatley feels a lot different with brenspeeds tune.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
I can't comment on how other tuners tune, but I can give you some insight into how I tune.

I only make "race" tunes if there is going to be race fuel in the tank. My 93 tunes give you all the HP and TQ that is available on 93 octane, while still delivering linear peddle/throttle response. On some vehicles, mainly forced induction, race fuel affords you the ability to run more ignition timing and make more power with no risk of knock/ping.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes im running the caned tune just didnt ni if a bought race tune was much better or worth it

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I only make "race" tunes if there is going to be race fuel in the tank
Exactly. For example, my car is being trailered to Houston this weekend (6-7 hours) to be dynotuned. It will have 2-3 tunes. Street tune will off 93 octane pump gas and the "race" tune will be with C14 (114 octane?) fuel.

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
I can't comment on how other tuners tune, but I can give you some insight into how I tune.

I only make "race" tunes if there is going to be race fuel in the tank. My 93 tunes give you all the HP and TQ that is available on 93 octane, while still delivering linear peddle/throttle response. On some vehicles, mainly forced induction, race fuel affords you the ability to run more ignition timing and make more power with no risk of knock/ping.
Quick question. Would you estimate how much power could be gained on an 11.6/1 2V by going from 93 octane to 110 octane? I am thinking of having a 110 tune written to my chip, but I don't really know if the gains will be worth the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts