Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car is fixed and im going to alabama in a few weeks to pick it up. my uncle put a 4.6 out of a thunderbird in it. what is the difference between those motors and the 4.6 motors that came in the mustangs? i read online that the tbirds only had like 205hp!?!? but the car has all my bolt ons that were on it before. whats the difference?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
what year t-bird. the older ones were npi and that is why they are rated at 205. the difference between the mustang and full size car npi's were just in the tune i believe.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so with my pi intake and all my bolt ons and a factory tune you think itll be alright?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
you need to put the heads on there also.. what part of alabama you coming to?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
if you had a pi motor in there, and went with an earlier motor, then you have a npi based long block. your tune is going to be all messed up and will need retune. this is unless i am missing something.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
did the thunder birds come pi?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the only stuff he took off of my motor were the intake, my ignition, and all my bolt ons. the heads and cams were from the tbird. i am going to be doing a lot of work to the car when i get it back so i will probably put some pi heads on it and cams like i had in it before. im going to gadsden, al. and i need some parts if anyone can help me out. i need a factory radiator or a direct fit aluminum, a fan, a/c condenser, degas bottle, all three coolant hoses, and a radiator core support. and does anyone know how difficult it is to replace the core support?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
look at the head castings and see if they are pi or not. if its a npi motor and you do a pi swap, you compression is going to go up. not 100% smart to run that 11psi on regular pump gas on stock bottom end.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i dont have the blower anymore. i'm just worried that this thing is gonna be a turd. i'm gonna have to do a complete radiator/fan/a/c replacement once i get it back so i'm really hopin that im not gonna have any problems from the motor. eventually im gonna put a nice motor together for it but for now i just want it to run good. btw does anyone know how hard it is to reroute the a/c lines back to stock. the people at websters radiator/a/c decided the blower was in the way and rerouted my a/c lines....and how hard is it to replace a radiator core support??

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
and as far as the a/c lines are concerned, how hard of a job is that?? its mainly just the ones at the front of the passengers side of the engine bay.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
no none of them came pi.
i thought the 02+ t-birds came with v8's, i looked and saw they didnt. my bad.

and as far as the a/c lines are concerned, how hard of a job is that?? its mainly just the ones at the front of the passengers side of the engine bay.
shouldnt be too bad. just be sure to be carefull with any hard line if any.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts