Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys whats the difference on all these cams???? e303, f303, b303, x303, z303???? whats the best one for my mustang if i drop gt40 or gt40p heads?

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I wouldn't go with a letter cam, they are pretty outdated. There are much better cams out there, I would call a place and give them your setup, or what your setup will be when you build it and ask them what they think you should put in. A lot of places will have an off the shelf cam that will be closer tailored to your needs than those letter cams.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
I wouldn't go with a letter cam, they are pretty outdated. There are much better cams out there, I would call a place and give them your setup, or what your setup will be when you build it and ask them what they think you should put in. A lot of places will have an off the shelf cam that will be closer tailored to your needs than those letter cams.
i wouldnt call them outdated crane still grinds cam that are the exact same thing but theres just better grinds out there,but they are not bad for mild applications such as his and they could be had pretty cheap

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
i wouldnt call them outdated crane still grinds cam that are the exact same thing but theres just better grinds out there,but they are not bad for mild applications such as his and they could be had pretty cheap
Well in that case, listen to him.... did I tell mention I was selling a brand new e-303 in the box?? haha

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Letter cams are not worth the money if your gonna spend the money and build a motor call Comp cams and tell them the specs on your motor. Then spend the money on a custom grind cam made specifically for your engine. You will be able to tell them were you want your power to be at and what not to suit exactly what type of driving you will be doing.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Dollar for dollar, the value of a FMS hyd roller cam is hard to beat. A custom ground hyd roller cam is just about twice the money. Now a custom profiled / ground solid tappet cam is only about a buck and a half, about the same price as an f cam

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
Dollar for dollar, the value of a FMS hyd roller cam is hard to beat. A custom ground hyd roller cam is just about twice the money. Now a custom profiled / ground solid tappet cam is only about a buck and a half, about the same price as an f cam
So if your gonna spend the money and build a motor why not build it right :dunno

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Letter cams are not worth the money if your gonna spend the money and build a motor call Comp cams and tell them the specs on your motor. Then spend the money on a custom grind cam made specifically for your engine. You will be able to tell them were you want your power to be at and what not to suit exactly what type of driving you will be doing.
call comp????are you serious?:lmao:lmao:lmao they are clueless and will give you a diff cam everytime you call them.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts