Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanting to put the Ford Street Handling Pack https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-FR3A-MA on my 2017 V6. Its not listed by Ford for the V6 and I'm trying to figure out if there are any structural differences between the models. The V6 is 10 lbs heavier then the EB and about 200 less than the GT. I see a lot of different packages from other brands that list their setups for all three models. Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
6 Posts
My suspicion is that Ford does not want you to build a V6 that embarrasses the EcoBoost. Thus, they don't show any V6 parts. I think that the strut tower braces don't fit because the intake manifold on the V6 is taller than the others and there is no clearance for them under the hood. I looked at mine and there is almost no space between the intake and the hood. The mounting studs are there, but the space to put it in isn't. No one advertises a strut tower brace for the V6, although many of the other suspension parts are claimed to fit everything. I'm not sure if any other chassis differences really exist since many other vendors do claim that their parts fit all of them. Some do show suspension for the V6 / EcoBoost separately from the GT, but this may be because the GT is heavier and might need different springs etc. However, Ford has definitely abandoned us for the EcoBoost.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I now know for sure. It all fits perfectly and boy is it a pleasure to drive and look at being lowered one inch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts