Modded Mustang Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
dam no joke on tha weight reduction, yeah with some bolt ons, who know what you can pull off...i agree i hate tha low end, if we are to race from a roll, at what rpms is our prime what will give us tha edge?
Different for every car but I like to start at 3800-4K. Right where it really picks up with room to wind out to 7K. Usually the race is nearly over before you even have to shift unless its close then you *might* see a bit of 3rd gear.

Unless you're rolling below 30 I'd say grab 2nd, any slower and 1st gear is better providing you can perfectly shift since you only have a second or two of WOT in 1st before you redline. So you have to blip on the downshift to 1st so you dont eat the dash, hold the revs steady and wait for the signal, then immediately just floor it for fractions of a second and slam it right to second then hold until you're done or hit 3rd if you're racing faster than 80.

Thats with my stock 3.27s that your snake has too. Weight reduction or not thats how I'd do it.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
i have 3:73s i raced a gt from a roll tha other day i told him to pick at what mph to take off at we went from 25mph i believe, and **** i have to traction tru first or second, sad to say but i lost...i need to put on my tires already!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
You have to feather it if you're in first or higher revs in 2nd. Almost like managing the throttle similar to your clutch. Letting it in and out and finding exactly how much pedal you can give before it wants to break. Then give it that much until you are going faster with better traction.

With nearly balding tires I'm still out there playing with all kinds of cars. I'm at what I believe to be less than the legal tread amount and have no trouble taking off from a dig or rolls in 1st.

You should practice now before you change tires. Good time to learn how to manage traction before you step up. Then if you have issues with the new tires you will still remember how to handle traction problems.

If I'm taking off from a dig in 1st depending on how good I feather I might break and regain traction 1-3 times before touching 2nd. Unless I shift very quickly to 2nd with the revs still high I wont have to feather at all in 2nd until it winds up to about 5800 or so where it will break if the tires aren't warmed up.

With higher gearing though you could have a different ball game than me. My traction problems are because my cheap ass hasnt changed tires yet and they are getting pretty bald.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
yeah street racing is bad, well yeah dam i need practice cuz with tha gears i have it gets very tricky to handle tha car and keep from it spinning out

41 - 46 of 46 Posts