Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what benefits are when changing stock trac-lok to something else? Theres all sorts of locks, like Auburn HD and Pro, Torsen, Detroit locker, carbon disks for stock, but what are the differences an when isn't stock enough anymore?

Spools are not for me, my car is 99% street driven.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
The T-Loks can handle 600+ Hp when built with carbon fiber clutches, F-150 spring and 4 clutch plates. Some other differentials might last longer, but are more expensive and difficult to rebuild. I would say if you are 99% street driving, rebuild the stock unit or you can get a 03-04 cobra T-lok made for 31 spline axles with the carbon fiber clutches pretty cheap on ebay...

Reactions: Arctic Fox

·
Registered
146 Posts
if you use the car everyday the stock trac loc is good but if you beat on the car and like doing donuts and burn outs get a better diff like an auburn or a Detroit locker i think there all about the same (a $300 diff from any company will work as good as the next $300 one )i put a Yukon unit from Randy's ring and pinion and i love it to me it acts like stock rear during normal driving and spins both wheels all the time when i wanna mess around with the car but this is how i feel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts