Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edit: I called the shop and they gave me the green light to buy the stuff of of American Muscle and save some money.

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Edit: I called the shop and they gave me the green light to buy the stuff of of American Muscle and save some money.
Awesome! I'm glad the shop is being understanding. Let me know if you have any questions or if I can be of any assistance!

-Dan

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! I'm glad the shop is being understanding. Let me know if you have any questions or if I can be of any assistance!

-Dan
Yeah the shop was gonna charge me $220 for 4.10 gears, $140 for the install kit, then $450 for the install itself. So by using AM parts, i get the money saved to pay for the slightly costly installation (they're one of the only good shops around according to my mechanic).

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Yeah the shop was gonna charge me $220 for 4.10 gears, $140 for the install kit, then $450 for the install itself. So by using AM parts, i get the money saved to pay for the slightly costly installation (they're one of the only good shops around according to my mechanic).
Yeah those prices are a little high. However, I'm glad the shop allowed you to out source the parts! Enjoy your 4.10's, they're really going to wake up your car.

Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't know much about newer V6s but I put 3.73s in my 94 V6 when I still had it and it was one of the worst things I've done to a mustang. Mine had such a low redline that I ran out of gear way too fast. I really didn't like driving that car but a NE V6 could be a completely different animal, and I could be way off. I love the gears in my GT though.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
yeah am is high for gear sets...latemoodel is way cheaper.

actually i think am lowered theirs a bit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts