Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to decide what diff. i wanna get.. input would be awesome thanks.. im looking between the Detroit locker in 31 spline and the DETROIT TRUETRAC

·
Registered
890 Posts
I'm gettng the truetrac cuz I've heard people having stories that thier tires screech at turns with the locker

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i been trying to find info on that.. i like the locker just for the fact that it puts 100% to both wheel.. but im still trying to find info on both

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i also like these for the fact no clutch to burn up like on a posi.. i burnt mine with my 315's thats the only thing i can think of.. and both are "suppose" to be almost indestructible

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Do you hit up the strip a lot? Don't really know a lot about either but I'd think the trutrac would be better for everyday driving. I think I am safe to assume the locker is the better choice for drag racing though?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no not really but.. i wanna build it to where i dont ever have to worrie about it.. thats why im doin 31 spline moser axles. i got a trick flow diff. cover. nd a set of ford racing 3.73's. nd also have a set of ford 4.10's but im planing on using the 3.73 cause its a daily driver.... now just trying to find the diff. i want to use

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
hmmm...Well i wish I could help you out but I just don't know enough about the diff. if the truetrac is supposedly indestructible as well I'd go for that one. Is it worth having a locker in a daily driver? hopefully someone else will chime in with locker experience

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just ordered the trutrac last night from summit i thought the same thing about the locker

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
:rockon

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have the D-locker. If you're car is not 90% drag then I'd go with the trutrac. The locker is definately a different bread and your driving habits will have to change on the street. Not for a faint hearted. But aside from a spool its the best insurance you'll ever buy. I'm going on over 200+ 6800rpm dumps on slicks and it hasn't skipped a beat.

-Mark

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice.. and i ordered the trutrac now i need to find out what weight oil to use and if it needs an additive

·
Registered
890 Posts
If It doesn't have a clutch then it doesn't need a additive but I'm not too sure on that

·
Registered
72 Posts
Friction modifier is added to clutch pack style LSD units.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts