Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanna pick up a notch and put a new motor and tranny in it.....my choices are:
1) 4v out of a lincoln aviator with a promotion t3650 tranny
OR:
2) a 460 that my buddy has that we can tweak and make bad ass (only thing is makiing it fuel injected might cost a lil bit of money)

NOW::::::

i wanna know what the process would be of putting the 4v in (wiring harness wise)......how much of a slut is it to wire this puppy in????

also gimme some opinions on this brosephs

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
4V

·
I Blumpkin Entirely Way Too Much
6,802 Posts
Same as i said in yesterdays post about the same topic, theres a guy in here that recently posted pictures and everything of his swap. only difference is, he put a 2v in rather then a 4v, and he also took the entire interior and swapped it into his notch.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok im just wondering wat the process would be to use the wiring harness in the notch......i'll try to look for a write up or something

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
out of the two, i would do it with a carbed built 460. It will be cheaper in long run with much more power. with the 4v you will need computer, full wiring harness, headers will be $$. the dash may not be compatible with the 4v computer. I have built a fuel injected (mechanical) 514ci way cheaper than you can build a 4v for the same power level.
The 4v would be a cool project thou

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea thats what i was thinking of......in the long run it will prolly be cheaper and more cost effective to put the 460 in there after we mess around with it and change it to fuel injected.....thanks mang

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
It really all depends on what you are looking for out of the car, for a purely track tuned car I would definatly go with the 460 and keep it carbed. If you are trying to make a tamed daily driver and still make a good amount of power go with the 4v. Is the 460 built at all?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
460 will be built if i choose that route.....its not going to be a dedicated track car but its not gonna be a daily driver either.......its just something i can f around with on the streets every now and then.....i would rather change it to fuel injected if i was going to do the 460

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
also thank u gtr that does help me quite a bit....reps for u

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
if u want fuel injected go 4v.. if u want carb'd go with the 460.. a guy down here put a termi motor in his fox.. and i must say even i was impressed

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i can make the 460 fuel injected i believe edelbrock makes a kit for it......it will be fuel injected either way i go

·
Registered
121 Posts
+1 on the 4v. Im getting rid of my 2v heads right now. And -1 on the 460, go fuel injected. It will be a little more expensive to build, but a lot cheaper when it comes to gas. Im doing a 5.4 swap in my notch, and the wiring harness really wasnt all that bad.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Its All Gonna Depend On What You Want Out Of The Motor Really..

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
i just want to say..

OnebadNotch

Your car is sexyfuck

i made up that word for you.

i combined the two best things that considers looks.

I wanna restore my notch to top notch

For the OP Nothing is more badass then a fuel injected 460 in a notch..

When i turn my gt into a 4v im taking my 2v engine and putting it into my DD notch

·
Registered
978 Posts
i think i would go with the 4V myself, but i just love those motors personally.

·
Registered
134 Posts
cant go wrong with a 460 bbf. forget bout gas millage.

slap a t56 on that. 6 speed and a big block. you'll need a different bell housing to make it work.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts