Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys my car is making a dinging noise, like an alarm noise (different from the noise it makes when you open the door with the key still in the ignition, its lower than that) and it happens all the time. In other words, its not like I do something and that sound goes off, I can be driving and it suddenly starts or parked with the engine idling or parked with the engine off. As long as the key is in it is liable to make the noise. As I said before it is not the typical 5.0 alarm noise like when the key is in the ignition and the door is open (in fact, I opened the door with the key in the ignition, and both noises were going off simultaneously....one lower than the other). The battery gauge reads sort of low, and the battery light is on, but thats been that way since I bought the car 3 months ago, even before it was in the shop. However, the dinging only started just now. The battery gauge reads low, like below half-full, but its still nowhere near the red area or anything. So I took a video of it which I will attach to this post later which will explain much better. While I am here, two other quick questions. Is there any way to identify GT40 heads without taking them off the car? Because I am fairly sure that I have an e-303 cam now (after watching videos and comparing) and it wouldn't make sense to just switch the cam and not the heads. My whole engine is painted different colors, like to hide upgrades, so it really wouldn't make sense if it was stock....so I am trying to work it out. Thanks for all the help!

here is the video: http://s1097.photobucket.com/albums/g355/tstanley61093/?action=view&current=2011-05-26_15-58-51_717.mp4

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
my car makes a very very low dinging noise, but only when the key is in with doors open, so i think the normal dinging buzzer on my car is messed up, i have no clue how to fix it

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Battery light shouldn't be on. Your alternator is prolly ****ed. I'd get that looked at. As far as the dinging... that's a new one for me. Never heard anything like that before. Did you try and figure out exactly where in the car it's coming from? Maybe some previous owner had some weird electronics or a funcky alarm or something installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts