Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clear coat was beyond gone and with no money for a good paint job I decided to dip, I used anthracite from dip you car. So far I'm very happy with the results

Attachments

·
Registered
3,214 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used the dyc gun from dip your car with spray able gallons. I'll work on getting better pictures in the sun. It sure looks better than my messed up paint

·
Registered
374 Posts
Looks good man! Nicely done, so can they do just about any color now? I havent checked them out in a while.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you want to get rid of the tacky feel just wax it. BUT use meguiars liquid quick wax spray or a similar spray. Do not use real wax. Also make sure you wait a weeek before washing you car after dipping, a quick rinse with just water and no cleaners is ok. Wait two weeks before waxing to let all the solvents dry out or they will get trapped when you wax. I've done my subaru Forester 3 times in 14 months of ownership. My latest is a really wild, its a Chameleon dip so my car changes colors as you walk around it. Dont think.my post count is high enough for pics but I'm FozDriver on instagram if anyone is curious. I'll be doing something crazy to my 01 GT after I get it running

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

OP, I would 100% recommend you wax. It keeps the dip from fading and keeps it soft so its less prone to scratching. It also maintains the elasticity in the dip so it will come over easy down the road.

·
Turbo > blower
13,867 Posts
If you want to get rid of the tacky feel just wax it. BUT use meguiars liquid quick wax spray or a similar spray. Do not use real wax. Also make sure you wait a weeek before washing you car after dipping, a quick rinse with just water and no cleaners is ok. Wait two weeks before waxing to let all the solvents dry out or they will get trapped when you wax. I've done my subaru Forester 3 times in 14 months of ownership. My latest is a really wild, its a Chameleon dip so my car changes colors as you walk around it. Dont think.my post count is high enough for pics but I'm FozDriver on instagram if anyone is curious. I'll be doing something crazy to my 01 GT after I get it running

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

OP, I would 100% recommend you wax. It keeps the dip from fading and keeps it soft so its less prone to scratching. It also maintains the elasticity in the dip so it will come over easy down the road.
You don't need a certain number of posts. Just upload them to imgur and copy the BBcode links here.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts