Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Sofa King Slow
784 Posts
Plasti Dip is an attractive and inexpensive solution to ugly paint. I used black dip on my stock rims and it made the difference. Only thing I can say negative about it is how much of a pain in the ass they were to keep clean. I spent a good 30 minutes alone making them look like they had just been dipped again. Oh and don't drip gas on the dip when you go to the petrol station; it'll eat through the dip so make sure you have a paper towel handy.

My favorite thing about dip is definitely how easy it is to touch up if some of it tears off. It won't, mine did because I tend to park too close to curbs ;)

Oh and Kylar, My rims stayed dipped through the entire winter. Beginning of summer I washed them off and they looked just fine. Plasti-Dip is pretty heavy duty stuff.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Plasti Dip is an attractive and inexpensive solution to ugly paint. I used black dip on my stock rims and it made the difference. Only thing I can say negative about it is how much of a pain in the ass they were to keep clean. I spent a good 30 minutes alone making them look like they had just been dipped again. Oh and don't drip gas on the dip when you go to the petrol station; it'll eat through the dip so make sure you have a paper towel handy.

My favorite thing about dip is definitely how easy it is to touch up if some of it tears off. It won't, mine did because I tend to park too close to curbs ;)

Oh and Kylar, My rims stayed dipped through the entire winter. Beginning of summer I washed them off and they looked just fine. Plasti-Dip is pretty heavy duty stuff.

Awesome sounds good! Thanks for the info, i wouldnt have though of the gas one.

·
Registered
979 Posts
looks good, I dipped parts of my stang to see how I liked em black and it is still holding up over a year later.

·
Canon Gang
8,240 Posts
Matte white can be p hot. Though it is all coming off here in the coming weeks.

·
Defective Product
898 Posts
Plastidip will hold up over time, mine on my old silver sixer held up for a year in Texas heat before I removed it. I been thinking about 2 toning mine with the flat black roof like I had done on my old one. But matte white is sexy as it is

·
Defective Product
898 Posts
I like it myself, my self at least last till I can afford to get the car professionally sprayed. Even then I might keep the matte white. I have yet to see many white Mustangs in my area. Usually it's green, or red.

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
Dipyourcar.com has a new pearlizer/clear coat top coat you can put on, and it helps a lot with that tacky feel.

I'm dipping my Thunderbird once I save up for the kit. Going with a four layer black base, 2 layer black betty pearl in the pearlizer for depth, and another two layers of empty pearlizer/clear to get it to be nice and deep.

Once I buy the gun and get my car looking nice, I'll post pics and show it off. Hoping to turn it into a side business dipping other people's cars.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts