Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need to get my car done and I was wondering if its possible to replace the dipstick tube with the heads and everything on. Im sure its a PITA, but I need my car back, the honda broke.....

·
Registered
189 Posts
Possible, but i would just buy a lokar tube and call it a day!

Where do you buy those from? Need one too. PI and NPI tubes are different, no?? The zip tie holding mine to the brake tubing gives it away that it may be the wrong one. Also eachtime I check the oil there is nothing on the stick...just changed the oil 500 miles ago.:confused:

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn dude your car burns oil like a mofo im guessin....... I ordered one from 50resto.com they are awesome when it comes to all my parts.

·
Registered
189 Posts
damn dude your car burns oil like a mofo im guessin....... I ordered one from 50resto.com they are awesome when it comes to all my parts.
I know its not using that much oil as it NEVER smokes at ALL. I think the tube is wrong and is not getting deep enough in the pan. If it is burning that much oil, I've got one hell of a mystery engine then, because I ran it 3000 like that and when I dropped the oil to change it I filled a 6 quart drain bucket.:wtf

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm, i ordered a PI dipstick tube. I hope it works cuz i can find an nPI tube anywhere.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I got the pi one too and for some reason mine doesn't read any oil either like lilredrocket's. I know mine isn't burning or losing oil either. Good luck getting it back together man.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yeah, the tubes arent different lengths. They just mount to different places.

I assume urs is jsut bent to far.

I bought my Lokar from summit.

One uses a valve cover bolt/stud to fasten and the other uses a boss on the side of the head and is held with a small bolt, no? The tube in my engine is the type that uses the valve cover bolt/stud to secure it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts