Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 questions:

1: How is the dipstick tube supposed to come out of the block?

2: the exhaust port closest to the firewall on the passenger side, the upper header bolt....how the hell am I supposed to get it in there? lol

reps for quick answers :)

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
pull tube after you take the screw out.... pull hard and twist

Swivel socket and/or wrench is only way really. I advise loosing the passenger motor mount and jackin the motor up slightly to give you a lil more room. This is how i did it and it was not that bad!

Reactions: wishIhada5.0

·
Registered
150 Posts
Drop the motor a few inches down, this should make things easier for you.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Too late ajm!!! ajm... dont go anywhere, need to speak with ya sir! Pm being sent!

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
if the bolt have been removed force a screwdriver under the flange on the dipstick tube and pry it out as you wiggle it. As for the bolt that should be the first bolt installed.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Il have to remember that when I put a new dipstick tube in it because I broke off the stocker tryin to get it out by wiggling it and pulling it lol the K member is out of it...the way I have it rigged up I have no way of twisting it around.....and as luck would have it its the last bolt to go in on that side...getting the retainer and the c-clip on it should be fun (stage 8 bolts) reps given :D

·
Registered
978 Posts
ahhh... missed out! should have posted faster! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.