Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my flowmaster catback today and it sounds deep and throaty but it's extremely quiet. Like When I was running my catted x pipe with no mufflers it was pretty noticeable now its just meh. Hoping my o/r h pipe makes it come alive again because I'm disappointed at how quiet the catback is.

·
Registered
283 Posts
You should listen to my clip of exhaust. I have flow masters on a catless x pipe. Not at all quiet.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Getting rid of the flows and getting a mac would help

·
Registered
246 Posts
get rid of the cat's if you can !! It will be louder !!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
I installed my flowmaster catback today and it sounds deep and throaty but it's extremely quiet. Like When I was running my catted x pipe with no mufflers it was pretty noticeable now its just meh. Hoping my o/r h pipe makes it come alive again because I'm disappointed at how quiet the catback is.
V8ornothing – which kit did you get? So you like the sound but want it louder? Are you looking for more volume inside or outside the car? We have several systems available for your car and want to make sure you are 100% satisfied - there is likely a louder muffler available so we'll work with you to get it right.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
V8ornothing – which kit did you get? So you like the sound but want it louder? Are you looking for more volume inside or outside the car? We have several systems available for your car and want to make sure you are 100% satisfied - there is likely a louder muffler available so we'll work with you to get it right.
I got it used off some guy. I like the sound but it's really mellow. Like besides 2k rpm I can barely hear it inside the car. It idles like louder than my car did without mufflers on it but when I drive it seems to be quiet inside although I'm not sure how loud it is outside.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
470 Posts
After looking at a ton of youtube clips im going with nothing but magnaflow. Even though they are expensive i love the growl they make. I just put on my off road tru X pipe by them and man does my car growl now, i cant get enough of it i dont even wanna listen to my 12 inchs subs anymore. U need to get that midpipe you got on your car ASAP your gonna love it specially since its not catted! Hell start this weekend its only a couple of hours time if u got some sockets, extensions and u joints also u need a 7/8" wrench for the o2 sensors. Just make sure the night before u soak all the old bolts with alot of PB blaster. Then right before u head to bed run back out there and spray another fat load of the blaster on them then by saturday those rusty nuts are coming right off and u can throw your new pipe on in a couple hours! Oh ya order some mil eliminators if u dont want a check engine light!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
the o/r x pipe will give u a nice hp increase along with vroom vroom sounds:eek:

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
did you install your midpipe yet? I had a flowmaster catback with an o/r xpipe and it was pretty loud but didnt sound mean like i wanted.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts