Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Semper Fi
4,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys its been a while since i've been on. With deploying to Afghanistan, having kids, moving across the country, you can say i've been busy.

Well, i bolted up a Paxton 1200SL recently and i want to know what you guys think as to why it didnt perform the way i had expected. First, my other mods are as follows:

paxton 1200sl 3.80" pulley
Comp Stage II NSR
GT500 twin 62mm TB
Steeda delete plates
U/D pullies
MAC headers
high flow cats, stingers mufflers
KB BAP
4.10's

When i was N/A, it ran 331 to the wheels. I put on the 1200 and it only gave me 387 @ 4psi. WTF???

Granted it did about 20 dyno runs before the tune was just right and it was 100 degrees outside, and im not making excuses like most people do, but i am genuinly dissapointed. I guess now im think smaller blower pulley, which from what i can find, the lowest i can go is 3.12".

All thoughts and comments are appreciated.

Beef

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
56rwhp from just 4lbs on a centuri blower is pretty good. Now if thats all you gained on say 10lbs then i'd be dissapointed. If you want more power deffinetly get a smaller pulley. But you need to get ahold of paxton on what size pulley will produce what amount of boost. If you don't have an upgraded fuel pump (or a boost-a-pump) i wouldn't go more then 8 psi. I'd put money on 450rwhp if you bumped it up to 10 psi.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Just seen where you posted the bap. You should be fine for 10psi i would think. I'm sure others will chime in.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I believe it is fried!

Box it all up and send it to me for some free testing as to why and I will send it back after a complete lifecycle reassessment.:D

Blackbird does not have a clue.....smaller pulley....10 lbs.....like that will fix it...sheesh!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I believe it is fried!

Box it all up and send it to me for some free testing as to why and I will send it back after a complete lifecycle reassessment.:D

Blackbird does not have a clue.....smaller pulley....10 lbs.....like that will fix it...sheesh!
Lmao yeah adding more hp won't fix his lack of........hp lol. Just to funny.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
That sounds about right.

·
Registered
874 Posts

·
Semper Fi
4,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the blower was so hot by the last dyno run that you couldnt even touch it. i wouldnt be surprised if at a cooler temp it would push right at 400. but regardless, im not just going to let it stay there. i've got the PSI bug. i want at least 450hp to at least make it worth my time and money.

·
Registered
872 Posts
4 psi is almost nothing, Beef, and don't expect much more than that. Get it intercooled when you can and move up in boost - it'll be exactly what you are looking for.

·
Semper Fi
4,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what do you mean dont expect much more than that? as in dont expect the blower to be able to make any more PSI or dont expect more HP out of only 4 PSI?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Don't expect any more out of 4psi. That blower is fully capable of making more psi and power.

·
Semper Fi
4,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok ya thats what i was thinking. what is this blower capable of? what else can i do besides a pulley?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I think it's capable of supporting 550-600hp but i may be wrong. I know the 2200 is good for 800+. Idk if they sell an upgraded idler pulley kit for these or not. If you don't already have an intercooler for it look in to getting one for it. Also a methenol kit (or nitrous) wouldn't be a bad investment either.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Upgrade the pulley or blower if you are looking for more.That blower is definately meant to be conservative.But you can't tell me 56 hp more doesn't feel better for what you had.

·
Semper Fi
4,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got 39lb injectors

·
Registered
745 Posts
Ditch the underdrive pulleys. The stock 3.8" pulley will make 8 psi non cooled if you didn't have under drive pulleys. So you could pick another 60-80 rwhp by going back to your stock pulleys.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ditch the underdrive pulleys. The stock 3.8" pulley will make 8 psi non cooled if you didn't have under drive pulleys. So you could pick another 60-80 rwhp by going back to your stock pulleys.
I read all the responses and was like "whoa, no one thought about the u/d's in his mod list?".

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I read all the responses and was like "whoa, no one thought about the u/d's in his mod list?".
I figured he had them on there intentionally to reduce boost.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts