Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1988 5.0 mustang has crappy stock brakes. I want good brakes. I dont want to be peicing together a 5 lug conversion, i just want to buy kits. If their is no kit, ill stick with the 4 lug. I wouldn't want to spend more than 3-4oo bucks on a conversion

Where can i find some good kick ass front discs for my car and full stainless steel brake lines, a new emergency brake and cables, and either a disc brake conversion for my rear or new good drums and pads.. I want my car to stop nicely, Ill put good money into it as well, i and my brother will install it all.

I need new rims and tires, i just want a normal/good looking set of 17 inchers and all season tires with good tread, and then when i want to rip ill throw a set of sticky's on the rear.

Discuss ;)

·
Registered
201 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your the man, now i just need the emergency brake and cables, and stainless steel brake lines. your the man thanks. Anyone else?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
y dont you go to a junk yard and pull the front brake set up, or the whole arm asse,bly, wtever you need to in oder to get it to bolt into your car, then go down to your local parts store and buy a new set of discs and pads, maybe even calipers if you have to and it would probly save you a ton of money???

just my thoughts, im always trying to get stuff as inexpensive as possible

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is it a really good idea to spend all that money on the conversion or should i just get the disks and upgraded lines and all? whats the point of going to 5 lug?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
more rims to choose from

1 - 9 of 9 Posts