Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my drag radials today and went to the track looking for glory. Instead, I found only dissapointment. My car ran worse with the DR's then it did w/o. I ran a 13.9 last week, and a best of 14.0 this week. What's the deal? I was launching at about 3200rpm and it bogged and jumped. What do you launch your DR's at??

Im basically stock, Cat-back and JLT.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Launch harder. Launch higher and higher till they spin on launch and back it back a little. You should be able to launch alot higher than that with the DR's

·
Registered
248 Posts
I installed my drag radials today and went to the track looking for glory. Instead, I found only dissapointment. My car ran worse with the DR's then it did w/o. I ran a 13.9 last week, and a best of 14.0 this week. What's the deal? I was launching at about 3200rpm and it bogged and jumped. What do you launch your DR's at??

Im basically stock, Cat-back and JLT.
You will have to play around with tire pressure, you will want just a slight bit of spin off the line to keep the RPM.s up it's all trial and error till you find the right combination, you'll find the right combo and will be pleased with the results.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Launch harder. Launch higher and higher till they spin on launch and back it back a little. You should be able to launch alot higher than that with the DR's
I would, but I fear that I might break something.

I was running 17psi in the rear, And they were hooking extremely well. Too good I guess. Do you usually dump the clutch or ride it a bit?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I would, but I fear that I might break something.

I was running 17psi in the rear, And they were hooking extremely well. Too good I guess. Do you usually dump the clutch or ride it a bit?
Dump it but I would think 3200 rpm should be plenty I would play around with tire pressure. Ask aroud the track to see what the others with a similar setup have and what works for them.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
The whole point is to not bog realy bad and for the most part you just want a little spin. If you are launching at 3200 and bogging below that rpm when you launch you are hurting yourself. You can have too low tire pressure as well as too high. so like cet2kill said, you gotta play with pressure as well as launch revs

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dump it but I would think 3200 rpm should be plenty I would play around with tire pressure. Ask aroud the track to see what the others with a similar setup have and what works for them.

I'll give it a try. Thanks.

·
Registered
994 Posts
what was the mph?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Too much traction will hurt you.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Ya.. maybe when we have super small motors that cant fight against your D'R's when they hook up with no spin... but we dont have 4cylinders.. we ride horses. l0l
+1 lol

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
and it bogged and jumped..
i would say thats your problem. u need to feather your clutch or take a risk and launch at a higher rpm range.

u might be getting a better 60 foot time when u were on street tires. i could see how bogging it down would slow your et by a little bit.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I'm always afraid I'm going to break something, thankfully not yet though.
if you worried about breaking something then you wont get what you want out of your car or its full potential... I ran 10lbs of pressure in my 315s and launched at 4000-4500 at the track and cut some 1.8 60's

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ya.. maybe when we have super small motors that cant fight against your D'R's when they hook up with no spin... but we dont have 4cylinders.. we ride horses. l0l
it bogged and jumped.... Too much traction off the line.

·
Registered
638 Posts
damn ive never heard of TOO MUCH traction lmao

·
Registered
110 Posts
Then why did the car bog?

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
not the right rpm... there is a very thin line between bogging and spinning... and you gotta find it...if it bogs... to up 200 or so rpm.. if it spins go back down 100....

·
Registered
193 Posts
you definitely don't want to bog a mod motor, especially if you have stock gears. depending on what drag radials you have, you could prolly launch that thing really high!

you wanna find the rpm where you get a slight 2-3 rotation tire spin then hook.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts