Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just did my first serious break down on my engine.I replace stock heads abd intake with gt40 heads and upper and lower edelbrock aluminum intake and put a 255 lph fuel pump problem is car will crank but idle is real choppy and if it does smooth out and stay steady as soon as I give it throttle it'll chok out or either rev high then low high low high low and so forth so I can get some input on what I cld do to get my beast running right again and back on the road??? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
581 Posts
did you pull the distributor out during all of that? sounds like the timing is off. mine did the same thing before i finally stabbed the dizzy correctly

·
902 Posts
timing or a vacuum leak maybe. make sure all your vacuum hoses are connected or plugged.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I had to take it all the way out to get to heads and I was on tdc but its starving for fuel it sounds like its not backfiring or anything and also it fires right off but I gotta feather throttle to keep it running or it'll starve itself till it quits also it has no throttle response or power in pedal like if I floored it all it wld do is bump up to two or three rpms then choke out

·
902 Posts
fuel filter maybe. I dont know why people would do a fuel pump and not do the filter when its right there...

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Was your car having this issue before you added the intake, heads, and fuel pump ?

·
Registered
581 Posts
check the timing, and spray water or card cleaner around around any vacuum sources. if the idle changes at all, you most likely found the vacuum leak.

any chance you just need to do the base idle reset?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.