Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I put the distributor back in, can I assume that if the distrubutor is the whole way in that the oil pump shaft made it into the socket or will I have to do something else?

Any preference on lower intake gaskets with a Systemax and GT40X heads and boost?

Thanks..

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Okay, now intake manifold question.

I have a Systemax upper lower. I can not get the lower off. I have all 12 bolts off, fuel lines, coolant lines electrical etc.. But I can NOT get the lower off. I can get the hole lower to wiggle a little but not much more. Thinking it might be the form a gasket, I put the upper back on for some additional leverage. I can get the drivers side to lift with no effort at all but the passenger side barely moves. I don't want to force it. What else attaches the lower besides the 12 intake manifold bolts? How about the hard line that comes out under the EGR and attaches to the EGR?

·
Registered
698 Posts
If the distributor is out and the 12 intake bolts have been removed, it should come off. Valve covers need to be off as well. We use silicone to install the intakes and when removing them, the silicone can really hold on. Use a flat pry bar form extra leverage but don't dick up any mating surfaces. It should pop right off.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks. I was being a wimp. It eventually came off with a small pry bar. Doesnt look to good in there. As I expected, the coolant was leaking. I also had oil running down the back of the engine that I thought was from the PCV but that was clean so I guess it was coming from the intake gasket as well. Looks like someone used an entire tube of rtv. Would the valley area and bottom of the lower have a creamy sludge substance if the coolant was getting in there?

Is there any tricks to covering up the valley area and intakes so I can clean it up?

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
we just either tape it off or lay a rag/towel down

1 - 6 of 6 Posts