Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i've had 3 injected 5.0s since my last carbed mustang. my '95 is still pretty much stock and i'm trying to decide where i want to go with it. i'm definately going to run nitrous so before i buy a kit i need to decide if i want to make the carb swap or not. one of the main issues to me is the money. my '91 coupe was nice but h3ll, the injection system was so freaking expensive. the intake alone was $600, add a throttle body and spacer, injectors, m/a meter, fuel regulator, induction...that adds up quick. not to mention i never completely got rid of the freaking surging! i'm thinking i could get more for my money converting to carb and running a plate system. any feedback?

·
Registered
386 Posts
So you'd rather save a couple hundred bucks by going carb but you'll be spending twice the amount to buy a hood that will clear the carb. My suggestion....buy used parts. I bought my trick flow track heat on corral.net for 350.00, 30lbs inj for 150.00, 65mm TB for 100.00 FI is safer IMO and consider your gas mileage, it's going to be non existant with a carb.

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FI is safer IMO and consider your gas mileage, it's going to be non existant with a carb.
i'm not concerned about gas mileage, that's really not why i have the car. also, i'm going to spray the car and a NX wet kit is cheaper for a carb and there is no worry about puddling in the intake.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
something to think about, i had an 88 gt that was converted to mass air with stock injection , c4 410s, when i'd punch it it'd spin the tires in first then hook up , after swapping on a performer 289 intake ( i got it for free ) and a 650 carb it would blow the tires away in first and half way thru 2nd , plus it idled like a dream and the throttle response was instant, btw i used a stock 85 dist and a duraspark ignition box, it was cheaper to convert to carb then to buy an intake , meter and injectors

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, ive had both carbed 5.0s and injested 5.0s and im %100 sure i can achieve my goal for half the frice going carbed. plus, never have to hassle with surging ect..

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, i think there is plenty of room under the hood. i just think i can do the conversion and the nitrous for close to what i'd spend upgrading my injection system alone. plus it will be nice to not have to deal with computer issues. i was just wondering if anyone else here has done the conversion and had any feedback...guess not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts