Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to this forum, thought id start off with a little review of the division x 340lph single fuel pump since i couldnt seem to find a straight answer anywhere on what this fuel pump can really acheive.

first off this is a fantastic little pump that installs with very little effort (minor soldering) and a little cutting, as its a little taller sitting in the bucket than stock.

after searching and searching for a decent fuel pump and running into nothing but walls and literally everyone saying "go with a cobra setup" ,"go dual pumps","go gt supercar", "buy a cobra tank off craigslist", "get a SVT pump and boost-a-pump" etc. etc....... i finally stumbled upon this little guy and thought it too good to be true, so i decided to be a bit of a test mule and bought one.

this 150$ fuel pump held up to 435RWHP until my MAF pegged with plenty more room to go. no boost-a-pump , no dual pump setup, no expensive ford pump.

my current fuel system:
stock fuel hat assembly
stock lines
stock fuel rails
PPRV delete
division x 340lph fuel pump
siemens deka 60lb injectors

its unfortunate that my lightning MAF pegged but after looking over all the data logged on the dyno, this pump wasnt even close to being overwhelmed. once i install an intercooler and blow through MAF setup theres no doubt in my mind this pump can hit 500rwhp like some have said.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Nice I should have gone with that pump from the start instead of my Svt pump that is maxed out with a kb bap at 498rwhp ha.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Nice to know OP.

That's the pump I'm going with this spring but I'll be throwing a BAP on it also. I'm looking to hit 550whp and my limiting factor for now will be the single 340 w/BAP. Of cousre the stock lines and rails aren't helping either.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im definitely going with bigger fuel rails with this new setup just for some piece of mind. im very curious as to see what these can do with a BAP.................this was just to show everyone a taste of what they can do without all the extra wiring and hassle of a BAP and also save them a little $$$.........to me the less components or wiring the better.............i hate soldering lol.............im shooting for at least 505rwhp with this pump and bigger rails...........just picked up a hpx slot style maf so my pegging issues will be eliminated.

i will definitely make an update when the time comes

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
what other fuel mods do u have, if you dont mind me asking.
That maf you just picked up is a great maf. That is what I am running on my car. Right now I have 60# injectors, svt focus pump, and kb bap. I plan on going with the cobra tank, new lines, and fuel rails and go all out when I upgrade down the road though.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Thats pretty cool. What was the FPDC at?

Any more pics under your good? I like the Logan intake, that thing is badass!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That maf you just picked up is a great maf. That is what I am running on my car. Right now I have 60# injectors, svt focus pump, and kb bap. I plan on going with the cobra tank, new lines, and fuel rails and go all out when I upgrade down the road though.
ahhhh god some piece of mind i was hoping this maf would do the job

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
ahhhh god some piece of mind i was hoping this maf would do the job
Yes it will definetly get the job done and easy to fit anywhere in the piping. I plan on going to about 650-700rwhp with this maf.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats pretty cool. What was the FPDC at?

Any more pics under your good? I like the Logan intake, that thing is badass!
actually i just joined so i posted a nice one under the hood in my welcoming thread. i will also be doing a write-up of the logan intake as well when i have the time.

as for the exact duty cycle i cannot remember correctly, i am positive that everything was copacetic each and every pull, it had alot more room to be pushed without being overwhelmed, and no flags were raised. the only readings i didnt like were from the stock fuel rails from what i remember.

when i have the car re-tuned i will definitely post all duty cycles

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Nice man. Definitely want to see some pics and how you ran the intercooler piping.

Im curious about your car now, what heads/cams do you have? What type of blower vortech s? And how much boost?

Also, at what rpm did it stop making power?

Im just curious because Im really debating on getting the Logan intake. I like the fact that the runners are only 6" so itll rev like a whore.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
That's great to know, it's what I've planned on using with my planned, mid 400whp vortech setup. Good to know it has the potential.

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
I too have the stryker without a bap or wire upgrade and am very pleased with the performance. 11psi at 6200 rpm and the pump is at about 90% dc. I have pics on what i did to my basket to make it fit in my build thread. I still have yet to get it dyno'd but expect good numbers. I am still thinking about dropping to the 3.4" from the 3.6" stock to hopefully put me around 11-12psi at 5500 rather than winding it out so much. I am confident this pump will do it.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice man. Definitely want to see some pics and how you ran the intercooler piping.

Im curious about your car now, what heads/cams do you have? What type of blower vortech s? And how much boost?

Also, at what rpm did it stop making power?

Im just curious because Im really debating on getting the Logan intake. I like the fact that the runners are only 6" so itll rev like a whore.
yes it does love to rev high 7000+ is where its best (i personally dont spin that high), but even on my N/A setup it was good throughout the entire power band and i was only spinning up to 6200. my heads, cams, logan intake setup netted me 320rwhp all motor on a stock fuel pump witch im thinkin i coulda got a little more power out of it if i swapped in another pump at the time.

this trip to the dyno was 4 months ago so forgive me if my data is off and i havent posted any real hard evidence or numbers. but when i went that evening i was planning on spinning the motor to 6800.....however the MAF pegged and the fuel rail pressure wasnt looking to good so we ended it there and decided for next time to come back with bigger rails and a better MAF.......the car was only pulling up to 6200 and thats where it stopped making power cause of the issues we were having. but that intake will go all day so long as it has the support it needs.

heads are heavily ported stockers
cams are the rowdy xe274`s
vortech is v-2 on a 3.6 pulley making 11lbs

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I too have the stryker without a bap or wire upgrade and am very pleased with the performance. 11psi at 6200 rpm and the pump is at about 90% dc. I have pics on what i did to my basket to make it fit in my build thread. I still have yet to get it dyno'd but expect good numbers. I am still thinking about dropping to the 3.4" from the 3.6" stock to hopefully put me around 11-12psi at 5500 rather than winding it out so much. I am confident this pump will do it.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
curious as to what injectors you have and if you did the pprv delete

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I also went with the division x and love it! Was a pretty easy install with easy modifications that had to be made.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts