Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the HP capabilities with 93 octane and this fuel pump? I know it pumps 340 lph, but haven't seen any results as of yet. Also haven't seen any information on whether or not a BAP would work with the pump.

·
I like boobs!!!
3,869 Posts
What kind of mods do you plan on running with it? NA it will support more than what you'll be able to make. If you're going forced induction it should be good to at least 450. And yes, a BAP would work with it. I'm running that pump FYI

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Mine will be here Thursday. I'm going to be trying it out as well.

·
I like boobs!!!
3,869 Posts
Mustang Girl, are you aware that there are a few modifications you will have to make in order for it to fit?

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I have one of these waiting to go on the car as well. Should be able to support 425-450 WHP through F/I. And a BAP will work if needed.

Nick has an awesome thread with great info and pics on the install. He just bumped it to the top.

(That reminds me - reps to Nick for taking the time to take pics :))

·
I like boobs!!!
3,869 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Basically the same steps for installing a Ford GT Pump? I already modified my basket for that.

·
I like boobs!!!
3,869 Posts
I've never done anything with a Ford GT pump. If you look at my thread you can see what I had to do. It was pretty easy.

·
MM Official Sammich Maker
6,732 Posts
Ok so this is the pump I was gonna run with my kit.
I was curious on the capabilities of the pump so i phoned lethal performance a couple weeks ago and asked some questions about it.
From what the sales rep told me is its capable of supporting 500hp f/i and if you run twins you can get 1000hp out of them.
And this is all coming from the guy at lethal and not me.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Ok so this is the pump I was gonna run with my kit.
I was curious on the capabilities of the pump so i phoned lethal performance a couple weeks ago and asked some questions about it.
From what the sales rep told me is its capable of supporting 500hp f/i and if you run twins you can get 1000hp out of them.
And this is all coming from the guy at lethal and not me.
That's awesome. It would be cool if we saw some guys actually hitting those kind of numbers just for verification. But nonetheless I'm sure it'll be more than enough for those still on the stock block. I'm curious how much it would support with a BAP.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
I hate questions like this. How much power a pump can support is a case by case deal. There are a lot of factors that can limit or extend how much power it can support. The biggest ones are altitude will show the pump maxing out early, and how much boost it takes a motor to hit X amount of power. Also diff dynos register different along with corrections factors and weather.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I hate questions like this. How much power a pump can support is a case by case deal. There are a lot of factors that can limit or extend how much power it can support. The biggest ones are altitude will show the pump maxing out early, and how much boost it takes a motor to hit X amount of power. Also diff dynos register different along with corrections factors and weather.
Absolutely!. SO many factors like BSFC, actual amount of boost ran, camshaft profile, it will spank an svt focus pump though for sure.... and (500hp with 8lbs and 500hp with 16lbs is WAY different)....

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was asking for more of an estimate. We all know the SVT F pump is good for just over 400 so was just wondering if anyone had any real world results from this pump....do you buy parts before knowing their capability?

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
i'm interested too. so it can be run with a boost a pump? i wonder if it'd go up to 500 hp or not with 60 lb injectors, because i'm planning on upping boost to 12 lbs by the end of 2012 if i can afford to do the fuel system.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
?? 60# injecters are good for alot more than 500 hp. I have 60# injecters and make mid 600's400's on them. Having larger injecters help lower fuel pump duty cycle so I would say with 60# injecters and a bap with a 340 pump 500can be hit

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
?? 60# injecters are good for alot more than 500 hp. I have 60# injecters and make mid 600's400's on them. Having larger injecters help lower fuel pump duty cycle so I would say with 60# injecters and a bap with a 340 pump 500can be hit
i know the injectors are good there, just not the pump, i have 42's right now so i would have guessed i would need to change injectors to up the boost.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts