Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have tuned a car with the single Division X pump, 60# inj, no BAP, F/I and 519rwhp @ 82% duty cycle. Before we switched the injectors out he had 39's in there and hit 505rwhp and was at 93% duty cycle.

We retuned it with twin Division X pumps, dual fpdm's, 60's and duty cycle dropped to 63%. Hope this gives you an idea of what they can do.

Also I have not ran these with a BAP but to answer the question, yes, they can be ran with a BAP. They can be ran return style or returnless as well.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Mustang Girl, are you aware that there are a few modifications you will have to make in order for it to fit?
Yes, I am aware. And with the help of ur thread. My bro should do just fine installing it.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Not trying to start an argument, but if it's the new gss340 pump I was told by one of the top tuners in the nation (KMS) that it will support almost 1000 hp with bap. He also is using my ford gt super car pump (single) with a bap that he says will get me to around 600 hp and he showed me the proof with dyno graphs of 2 cars with single focus pump and bap in the mid 500's at only 80%. I'll find out for sure in about a month! I'll have my own thread on that one blasting all these people who say you HAVE to go dual pumps.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
mike stang, in theory a single 340 pump with a bap maybe able to support 1000 hp with a bap if given the right combo. you wont make anywhere near 1000 hp with a power adder. you have to remember that adding boost pressure pushes back on the fuel system. lets say your trying to maintain a delta fuel pressure of 45 psi, but your running 20# of boost. that means your fuel pump has to mantain 65 psi in the rails to balance out the 45 psi delta. that alone kills a fuel pumps duty cycle. now time and time again it is all about the setup. a 4 banger making 400 hp requires much larger injecters and fuel pump compaired to a v8 making the same 400 hp. i would not be shocked to see a 340 pump with a bap able to support just north of 500 rwhp. but that the same time dual pumps really lowers duty cycle, which in turn lowers fuel temps. i know we have all heard of kms before and flyinhawian is a great guy to have on this site, but just cause he is a good tuner does not mean he can creat something out of the imposible. i know there are tuners out there that will stretch a fuel system to make it support more than it should. you can push a fuel pump to 120 duty cycle, you can also turn up fuel pressure to get small injecters support more hp. i have seen people run data logs where their pump is so maxed out that they loose rail pressure. some can live with those types of tunes, others cant.

·
Engine Desroyer
522 Posts
Ok i noticed some of you from pics are putting a black fuel line on your pump what is it used for, i just changed mine out to a Walbro 255lp and i seen a spot for it but didn't know what it was used for till i seen the pics!

·
Registered
499 Posts
It's on my 2001 gt, completely stock fuel system with a gt pump and mmr fuel rails. I dont know if he changes anything as far as the psi or not. But I was going to upgrade and buy the 340 lph he sales and said to use if I go any bigger. But said I'll be fine with the 310 lph ford gt pump

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm interested in this pump as well. I just got done with my initial tune with the new turbo setup. At 12lbs of boost, only 9 degrees of timing and a fat 11.2 AF the car made 498 rwhp and 537 rwtq. I'm planning on going back in after a few weeks of driving and leaning it out a bit and then running a 18-20lb setting with 101 octane pump gas. Currently my fuel system is upgraded rails, 60lb injectors, a BAP, and a single aviator fuel pump. My tuner says I have more to go on this pump, but I think swapping it to this one may be a good idea.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
It's on my 2001 gt, completely stock fuel system with a gt pump and mmr fuel rails. I dont know if he changes anything as far as the psi or not. But I was going to upgrade and buy the 340 lph he sales and said to use if I go any bigger. But said I'll be fine with the 310 lph ford gt pump
You'd be better off with the Ford GT pump because it's rated at 310 and 60 psi. Your car almost idles at 40 psi and you need at least a lb of FP for each pound of boost. A pump rated at 40psi will flow a lot less than one rated at 60. Thats why some people are surprised when their SVT Focus dosen't support the HP they think it should. It's rated at 40 psi. So it's not really much better than a stock pump which are rated at 60 psi.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I just installed a Division X pump in place of a Supercar pump and it pulled 10% less DC.....

21 - 33 of 33 Posts