Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What y'all think heard good things about both and I'm not too knowledgeable about all this fuel pump and hats and all this ****, goals will be on3 (soon) like to see 400-425 wrhp, What yall think? Ruled out svt pump and gt super pump, will both of these support my goals? One better for my set up than the other? BAP needed or able to be used if needed? Thanks !

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I believe the aeromotive 340 is for return style fuel system (someone will chime in) i believe ive seen someone install one on a returnless system but i dont know how long it would last. IMO i would stick with the division x lots of guys have it on here and will most likely reach your goal. I made 435 rwhp with still room to go, my car currently sits at 425 rwhp because i dont have an intercooler and the pump has givin me 0 issues thus far (knock on wood)

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Go with the stryker. Have seen great things from that pump. There is someone in the classifieds selling 2 for $200 also. Id be all over them if I had the money.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Stryker is pretty common and you can find the exact modifications to the basket you need to make. Aeromotive I think is for return style. I'll be going stryker with my vortech build.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
I believe the aeromotive 340 is for return style fuel system (someone will chime in) i believe ive seen someone install one on a returnless system but i dont know how long it would last. IMO i would stick with the division x lots of guys have it on here and will most likely reach your goal. I made 435 rwhp with still room to go, my car currently sits at 425 rwhp because i dont have an intercooler and the pump has givin me 0 issues thus far (knock on wood)
Do you know what your duty cycle is? Also all you did was add the stryker pump and ofcourse injectors without any wiring/fpdm upgrades? PPRV delete?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Do you know what your duty cycle is? Also all you did was add the stryker pump and ofcourse injectors without any wiring/fpdm upgrades? PPRV delete?
Oops forgot to add that i had 60lb injectors and pprv delete, everything else is stock. I dont have the exact duty cycle as the tune was about 4 months ago i also forgot to mention that i pegged my MAF at 435rwhp so i have no idea what the pump is actually capable of, i do however remember looking over the fpdc and injector dc with the tuner and everything looked copasetic no flags were raised and there was plenty more room to grow, i just cant remember the exact numbers for the life of me. I will eventually be posting more specific results when i finish putting in my intercooler and hpx MAF.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
are you staying return-less? if so try the kurgan fuel pump its a complete drop in no BAP or wiring upgrade needed.
Yea, you think kurgan over Stryker?
So pretty much Stryker is the best route other thsn possibly kurgan, I think lethal performance sells those strykers for 150$ and I'd only need one right? Anyone want to explain this "basket" and what mods I'd need to make with that pump? Think it said ot was a direct replacement tho.. Sry for the questions I'm new to the fuel system mods!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
So pretty much Stryker is the best route other thsn possibly kurgan, I think lethal performance sells those strykers for 150$ and I'd only need one right? Anyone want to explain this "basket" and what mods I'd need to make with that pump? Think it said ot was a direct replacement tho.. Sry for the questions I'm new to the fuel system mods!
the pump is just a tad taller than stock, there is a hole for the pump to extend out of from the basket, within that hole is a lip the needs to be cut down so the lip doesnt hit the pump and therefore cant close properly. super simple and youll definitely know what i mean once u get the pump in the bucket.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome it sounds pretty stupid easy, maybe just.grind the lip down with a dremel or something

·
Carving corners
3,328 Posts
I didnt say Kurgan was better I dont know much about the stryker pump but what i do know is the kurgan drops right in with nmin mods and is 340lph

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/279133-kurgan-340lph-pump-install.html

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Whether you go kurgan or stryker; give some detailed updates, I'm stuck on which one to go with for this summer's build.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Whether you go kurgan or stryker; give some detailed updates, I'm stuck on which one to go with for this summer's build.
Will do, probably purchase soon but won't install for a bit (till turbo comes)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Read the link, looks like both are the same installation wise, however performance i cannot vouch for. Ive only owned the division x, im sure the kurgan is an excellent product. He may even jump on this thread to elaborate why his pump is better. I probably wouldve went with his pump if i had heard about it sooner.

Half the reason i joined these forums was to review the division x cause i couldnt find crap about it or any actual results so i decided to try it myself lol sometimes its ok to be the test mule and get something different so you can help someone else in the future make a decision.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/287153-division-x-340lph-single-fuel-pump-results.html

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Read the link, looks like both are the same installation wise, however performance i cannot vouch for. Ive only owned the division x, im sure the kurgan is an excellent product. He may even jump on this thread to elaborate why his pump is better. I probably wouldve went with his pump if i had heard about it sooner.

Half the reason i joined these forums was to review the division x cause i couldnt find crap about it or any actual results so i decided to try it myself lol sometimes its ok to be the test mule and get something different so you can help someone else in the future make a decision.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/287153-division-x-340lph-single-fuel-pump-results.html
Props ^^ good man

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
we have sold hundreds of pumps in returnless setups and made supported nearly 480rwhp with it.. give us a call today and ill set you up with one at a killer price!
Hmmm I think I will !! Might be something to look.into at least, guess it's my turn to be a test mule! When I get my money first week in Jan I'll be giving you a shout and I'll keep y'all posted

1 - 20 of 20 Posts