Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Savage 2v
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a DivisionX return style fuel hat. Its a damn good looking piece, can't wait to install it. My question. Was wondering if anyone else has it and used the stock (99-04 GT) fuel level sender and swing arm in an 03-04 Cobra tank? I can't remember if my Cobra sender was on a different side or what not. Only wondering cause of the baffle in the tank might interfere with the swing arm.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Just bought a DivisionX return style fuel hat. Its a damn good looking piece, can't wait to install it. My question. Was wondering if anyone else has it and used the stock (99-04 GT) fuel level sender and swing arm in an 03-04 Cobra tank? I can't remember if my Cobra sender was on a different side or what not. Only wondering cause of the baffle in the tank might interfere with the swing arm.
I used the 99-04 GT sending unit on my Cobra Hat and Division X hat. Although I used a GT tank with the basket removed. I had to 'modify' the mount to get it to work but you could easily put it on any side of the pumps. It's such a simple sensor, as long as you can get it to move freely.

·
Savage 2v
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used the 99-04 GT sending unit on my Cobra Hat and Division X hat. Although I used a GT tank with the basket removed. I had to 'modify' the mount to get it to work but you could easily put it on any side of the pumps. It's such a simple sensor, as long as you can get it to move freely.
Yeah I already have the sending unit attached to the DX hat, was more or less wondering about the swing arm. Thanks!
The baffles in the tank prevent you from using the GT sending arm.
Thats what I figured/remembered. I can probably just use my Cobra swing arm on my stock sending unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts