Modded Mustang Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I wish I coulda taken the calipers right off and painted them but I woulda had to screw with bleeding the brake lines and other **** I know nothing about and considering their importance I would rather not screw them up :D

·
2013 5.0
2,983 Posts
Expensive... Any tips or a walkthrough on how to disconnect and detach the brakes and brackets from the car entirely.

when I pulled off my calipers for installing springs, I ended up having to support them because the brakeline was still attached. I'm looking to disconnect that as well.

Thanks,

·
ExPeNsIvE HoBbY
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Expensive... Any tips or a walkthrough on how to disconnect and detach the brakes and brackets from the car entirely.

when I pulled off my calipers for installing springs, I ended up having to support them because the brakeline was still attached. I'm looking to disconnect that as well.

Thanks,
Well it helps if you know how to bleed brakes. We will start with that. I you don't know or haven't done it a few dozen times it's def worth just doing it in place. Not to hard that way really...

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

·
ExPeNsIvE HoBbY
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Expensive, I just go these bad boys in the mail...

What do you suggest?

Well sir, if those were mine(which I wish they were lol) I would sand the casting marks off, make it all smooth and nice, mask all functioning parts, then lay down a few coats of primer, then a few coats of Red High Temp Engine Paint(color listed in earlier posts) and let dry.

After that, take a nice sharp file, or a stiff sanding block, and file or block over the letters so you get down to bare aluminum on the COBRA lettering.(gives you that killer machined aluminum look). After that, scuff the entire painted area lightly with a grey Scotchbright pad, then hit the whole thing with Clear High Temp Engine Paint. Let dry and enjoy!

As for the rotors, you can spruce them up with a cheap rotor hone hooked to a drill, or even just a red Scotchbright pad, clean the hub area, mask and paint black with some Black High Temp Engine Paint, and clear if desired.

Sound good? I think it sounds so good I'm gonna have to get me some cobra brakes lol.

How much you get em for?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
2013 5.0
2,983 Posts
Well sir, if those were mine(which I wish they were lol) I would sand the casting marks off, make it all smooth and nice, mask all functioning parts, then lay down a few coats of primer, then a few coats of Red High Temp Engine Paint(color listed in earlier posts) and let dry.

After that, take a nice sharp file, or a stiff sanding block, and file or block over the letters so you get down to bare aluminum on the COBRA lettering.(gives you that killer machined aluminum look). After that, scuff the entire painted area lightly with a grey Scotchbright pad, then hit the whole thing with Clear High Temp Engine Paint. Let dry and enjoy!

As for the rotors, you can spruce them up with a cheap rotor hone hooked to a drill, or even just a red Scotchbright pad, clean the hub area, mask and paint black with some Black High Temp Engine Paint, and clear if desired.

Sound good? I think it sounds so good I'm gonna have to get me some cobra brakes lol.

How much you get em for?

I found like 6 people selling sets between svtp and CL, averaging around 300-350 for the whole thing and finally one guy sold them to me for $175 for everything. So, it was a pretty good score, I'd say.

Ok, I'll post em up when I'm done.

·
ExPeNsIvE HoBbY
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I found like 6 people selling sets between svtp and CL, averaging around 300-350 for the whole thing and finally one guy sold them to me for $175 for everything. So, it was a pretty good score, I'd say.

Ok, I'll post em up when I'm done.
Ya nice score! Can't wait to see pics

41 - 49 of 49 Posts