Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
New to the game
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to do some things with my car cheap and effective including both appearance and performance mods. If you could help me out me tell me what all you guys have done and also does anybody know if the ole gas pedal mod work on the 05-09 mustangs?

·
Never go ass to mouth.
6,441 Posts
05+ is drive by wire. No throttle cable.

·
Registered
206 Posts
As far as appearance mods go, I always really liked the chin spoiler. I loved the way mine looked when I had it. Unfortunately, I let my gf drive my car and she crunched it off.

·
Never go ass to mouth.
6,441 Posts
As far as appearance mods go, I always really liked the chin spoiler. I loved the way mine looked when I had it. Unfortunately, I let my gf drive my car and she crunched it off.
Don't feel too bad.
My boss bought the new 2013GT when it came out, and gave his gf his '07 sixbanger.. Since then... He's had to go to the dealer 4 times to replace that black lower grill insert in the front bumper. She keeps popping them out

·
Registered
206 Posts
Don't feel too bad.
My boss bought the new 2013GT when it came out, and gave his gf his '07 sixbanger.. Since then... He's had to go to the dealer 4 times to replace that black lower grill insert in the front bumper. She keeps popping them out
Thats honestly ridiculous, lol. Four times? Jesus christ..

·
Never go ass to mouth.
6,441 Posts
Thats honestly ridiculous, lol. Four times? Jesus christ..
That's what I said, lol. They're around $100 a piece too. And a pain in the ass to snap into place.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Was your chin spoiler DIY? How'd ya do it? Links?
I didn't make the spoiler if thats what you mean. I just installed it, lol. It was a CDC unpainted Chin Spoilers.

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

That's what I said, lol. They're around $100 a piece too. And a pain in the ass to snap into place.
Yeah, when mine got ripped off I threw in the towel on buying another. It scrapped and roughed up the bottom of the fascia pretty bad. In time I'm going to just buy a whole new fascia. Deciding between the GT500 or GT/CS. I prefer the GT500 but the 1500 bucks for it is rough.

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Op you could paint your rear deck lid or trunk area idk what you call them on the 05+ cars...
You could paint your stock rims...
Hell you could cut off your muffler install a preferred brand and install it with v clamps...
You could also paint some of your interior if your into that..
You could tint your tail lights too NOT with vht though, with rustoleum tint spray and coupld coats of clear...
You could lower your car by cutting your springs, its not recommended and at the same time some members swear they didnt notice a difference..
I think all this is simple diy mods..

·
Registered
206 Posts
I plasti dipped all the chrome on my pony package grille. I think the flat black emblems and such look much better than the chrome.

·
Six life
191 Posts
I agree, plasti dip is great to make a quick change.

My GF has driven mine once and can't understand why it's 'hard to turn' and such lol...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts