Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is insane how much I get tailgated in my Mustang GT. Unreal. Its like people see its a mustang with huge shinny exhaust tips and think that I am going to do 100 through a neighborhood. BTW I drive slow as Sh1t in the city, fast as balls on the highway (90 min.)
Anybody else experience this. I did just move to Alabama, so maybe thats it.

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn wish I had that discipline. However, I have never gotten pulled over on the Highway (knock on wood) thanks to my sick radar detector. I used to have a Valentine One, until my old bimmer got broken into and it got stolen. Now I use a Beltronics RX65 professional series.

But it is really annoying getting tailgated like I do here in Bama. Yesterday I was with my friend and I thought an old woman was going to rear end me. I mean Days of Thunder, Tom Cruise, Nascar drafting close in a 35mph zone. ****.

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
nope, but I do tailgate slow drivers... like tonight... 50 zone and 2 guys goin 40 side by side, and whe they got to 50, they weould just brake... I got a chance and cut them off... got up to 100, then let off... nothing like a venting run and having some asshole piss you off even more

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See I do that all the time, I mean everytime I experience a "Virginia Roadblock". That is two drivers who just refuse to let anyone pass. And I have gotten pulled over twice for it, because it was a undercover cop I passed. Just happened to me last week with a Nissan Maxima. They were going 60 in a 70, no traffic on I-85. So after about 2-3 miles of that **** I finally got enough room to make a 3rd gear pass and hit about 100. Bamm turns out to be an undercover cop. Gave me a ticket for unsafe lane change. Bam turns out to be an undercover cop. First time that happened was 2005 in Chattanooga, TN. Cop let me off after I reasoned with him (He was going 55 in a 70).

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know. Plus I can't fight the ticket, cop threatened me that he would motion for the charge to be bumped up to wreckless if I show up in court.

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
That's one reason why I want to sell my GT. I can't drive it without getting harassed by the Police here in Alabama. Everytime a cop sees me he gets behind me to run my plates and to just wait until I do something wrong. I know they are just doing there jobs, but damn its annoying. I got a ticket friday for probable speeding. I was doing 55 in a 45, and the cop didn't hit me with radar, but he said that he had to do 90 to catch up with me. He also said that he got stuck in traffic. So I said, wait you got stuck in traffic, and you had to do 90 to catch up with me?! No f#%king sh1t a$$hole (I was polite). He probably became a cop because he was the bully in highschool, and bitched out of joining the military, and is jealous that I actually am. I have a Marine Corps active duty plate, and stickers galore. No they don't care here that I actually defend the country and have faced death countless times while they pull over 18 year old girls for not using a blinker, and have never even had to pull out their side arms. Just plain ridiculous.

·
Registered
600 Posts
i usually downshift if someone is tailgating me, like on the interstate i'll get down to like 40 in a 70 run for a minute then take off like a bat out of hell, it pisses them off and shows them that i'm pissed, but eventually they get the hint

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
That's one reason why I want to sell my GT. I can't drive it without getting harassed by the Police here in Alabama. Everytime a cop sees me he gets behind me to run my plates and to just wait until I do something wrong. I know they are just doing there jobs, but damn its annoying. I got a ticket friday for probable speeding. I was doing 55 in a 45, and the cop didn't hit me with radar, but he said that he had to do 90 to catch up with me. He also said that he got stuck in traffic. So I said, wait you got stuck in traffic, and you had to do 90 to catch up with me?! No f#%king sh1t a$ (I was polite). He probably became a cop because he was the bully in highschool, and bitched out of joining the military, and is jealous that I actually am. I have a Marine Corps active duty plate, and stickers galore. No they don't care here that I actually defend the country and have faced death countless times while they pull over 18 year old girls for not using a blinker, and have never even had to pull out their side arms. Just plain ridiculous.
Cops are always harrasing me in the town I live in. Bright yellow and really loud just shouts "Pull Me Over" I guess.

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
I rarely see cops when I drive my stang... I did a 2 hour trip and the only cop I saw was one of those correctional SUV's who was doing 85... passed him doing 100 :lol

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
this isn't really on a road but more of a drive thru hahaha....this woman behind me thought it woudl be cool to get AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE to my rear bumper the whole time were talkin about a 30 min drive thru line. Tellin me to get closer to the other car and ****...i mean it was just plain ridiculous. So i take my order and pull up ahead and i hear her starting to order i put my pedal on the gas and keep it at about 2500rpm (O/R H pipe and flowmasters) so it was LOUD and she couldn't order and i would let off and she would try and speak again and i did the same thing.....needless to say she stayed clear of me on the way out of that place....

But yes i get tailgated A LOT by people and police, but thats just the nature of the beast. Most cops here leave me alone now cuz im pretty sure every single one has followed me and ive driven perfect everytime they have followed me so they know that im not going to do anything stupid.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
I rarely see cops when I drive my stang... I did a 2 hour trip and the only cop I saw was one of those correctional SUV's who was doing 85... passed him doing 100 :lol
HAHA yeah same here everytime im with someone else driving i see more cops then i ever do in my mustang its funny actually

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hey the asshole's are just as bad here in Florida,but usually a quick brake check wakes them up!!! Man don't let a bunch of asshole's dictate your decision to get rid of your ride...Hell when I'm riding my Harley the Dick Heads are even worse,I'll tap the brake,if that does'nt work I'll reach into my back pocket,then they usually back-off.They get the hint that I'm going for some marbles or ball bearings to toss back at them....been done so the word get's around....Keep your ride,don't let them "WIN"....as far as the "PIGS"..I call that entrapment...I'm a Veteran...Viet-Nam...Semper-Fi...I was in the Air force...

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey the asshole's are just as bad here in Florida,but usually a quick brake check wakes them up!!! Man don't let a bunch of asshole's dictate your decision to get rid of your ride...Hell when I'm riding my Harley the Dick Heads are even worse,I'll tap the brake,if that does'nt work I'll reach into my back pocket,then they usually back-off.They get the hint that I'm going for some marbles or ball bearings to toss back at them....been done so the word get's around....Keep your ride,don't let them "WIN"....as far as the "PIGS"..I call that entrapment...I'm a Veteran...Viet-Nam...Semper-Fi...I was in the Air force...
Thanks! Damn getting tailgated on a motor cycle!! God I would pull out my Springfield 1911. I ride a Superbike, Yamaha R1, and never get tailgated while on it, guess they are afraid that they will rear end me. Thanks for serving. Vietnam vets are flat out my heros.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Awsome...I've got a Springfield Armory 1911 myself,and love it.....That is one 45 that is accurate as hell....R1's are sweet...The thought has crossed my mind,but I like bein free...lol....Thanks Bro...glad to hear your carrying on the Torch....
Thanks! Damn getting tailgated on a motor cycle!! God I would pull out my Springfield 1911. I ride a Superbike, Yamaha R1, and never get tailgated while on it, guess they are afraid that they will rear end me. Thanks for serving. Vietnam vets are flat out my heros.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts