Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I race my car all over the place. I travel, kick ass, get my ass kicked and am at every race event the area ( and some that are far away). My car is well known, and I love doing it! AMSOIL asks that when I race I wear their Logo's and use their products. Take a few pics and videos of me racing with their logos. In return for a nice discount, and free promo items. SLICK off road wash just asks that I tell people about their products at the track and they give me a nice discount. Really I am a weekend warrior that races just to pay a few bills and so I'm no pro. Do detailer orientated company's also have a sponsorship program? People ask all the time what wax's I use and where I get them, I would have no problem throwing some decals on my car to rep a detail company.

I go to a few shows but mostly spend time at the track. Does anyone know who would be another sponsor?

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Well, whether they do or don't is irrelevant. If you have a business case for them, any company may be willing to use some of their marketing dollars as a sponsorship for you to get their name out.

·
I'm, Ron Burgundy?
6,908 Posts
Hmm,good question. I just sent Jim at Mothers an email and asked him. I would also like to know

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm,good question. I just sent Jim at Mothers an email and asked him. I would also like to know
cough* technically if you get sponsored by AMSOIL you get Mothers products by association.

If your wanting them you can get their products through AMSOIL

·
I'm, Ron Burgundy?
6,908 Posts
Haha, i didnt know they were related like that

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, whether they do or don't is irrelevant. If you have a business case for them, any company may be willing to use some of their marketing dollars as a sponsorship for you to get their name out.
Well, its not really that simple. Getting sponsored means you also talk to people about the products your pushing. If I did not believe in a product then I just wouldn't feel right recommending it to others. The pro's don't care, but I do. If o'rileys brand oil sponsored me, and someone asked if I raced with it, and then in turn blew their car using it, I would feel somewhat responsible.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha, i didnt know they were related like that
Yea its really weird, AMSOIL has their fingers in many company's and products you wouldn't believe.

For instance Altrum

A vitamin and supplement company is actually owned by AMSOIL

AGGRAND

Organic Fertilizer is also owned by AMSOIL

·
I smell like beef
5,580 Posts
I race my car all over the place. I travel, kick ass, get my ass kicked and am at every race event the area ( and some that are far away). My car is well known, and I love doing it! AMSOIL asks that when I race I wear their Logo's and use their products. Take a few pics and videos of me racing with their logos. In return for a nice discount, and free promo items. SLICK off road wash just asks that I tell people about their products at the track and they give me a nice discount. Really I am a weekend warrior that races just to pay a few bills and so I'm no pro. Do detailer orientated company's also have a sponsorship program? People ask all the time what wax's I use and where I get them, I would have no problem throwing some decals on my car to rep a detail company.

I go to a few shows but mostly spend time at the track. Does anyone know who would be another sponsor?
You have 13.1 listed as your ET and your car looks basically stock. How are you making money racing? Wouldn't companies be more apt to put their logo on a car with uncommon looks/performance? As the rev said, "a business case".

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
You have 13.1 listed as your ET and your car looks basically stock. How are you making money racing? Wouldn't companies be more apt to put their logo on a car with uncommon looks/performance? As the rev said, "a business case".
It is a coyote so 13.1 is probably about stock on that car.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Contrary to the common misconception, the fastest cars are not always the winner. It's about consistentcy. I can beat a car running a 10.4 because we have individual lights according to the time we say we will run. If I say I will run a 13.4 and he says he will run 10.4 my light goes off a full 3 seconds before his does. If I get a 13.1 and win, I still loose because I went faster than I said I would. It sounds complicated but it's not. It's really fun way to put a dent in what you put into a car. You win money because everyone pays to play winner take all, sometimes with the option to buy back in if you loose a round. You could theoretically race a 20 sec car and beat a 10 sec car. Not that it would happen because all the variations of classes.

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Contrary to the common misconception, the fastest cars are not always the winner. It's about consistentcy. I can beat a car running a 10.4 because we have individual lights according to the time we say we will run. If I say I will run a 13.4 and he says he will run 10.4 my light goes off a full 3 seconds before his does. If I get a 13.1 and win, I still loose because I went faster than I said I would. It sounds complicated but it's not. It's really fun way to put a dent in what you put into a car. You win money because everyone pays to play winner take all, sometimes with the option to buy back in if you loose a round. You could theoretically race a 20 sec car and beat a 10 sec car. Not that it would happen because all the variations of classes.
That is actually a very, very cool setup. Never heard of it but I haven't done any racing at strips either.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Heres this ...

Don't know how much good it will do though

1 - 20 of 66 Posts